VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - First Time in the White Stuff

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After getting a very late winter to drop a considerable amount of snow on us or at least, by our standards and so late in the season, Cindy and I decided to take our bone stock, Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited out in the white stuff and have some fun. I know it isn't much but in this short video, you get to see us lay down some first tracks, play in the powder and tear things up a bit. We hope you enjoy.

:cool:

It really was and we have a part 2 to this too. The only thing that wasn't fun was having to stop what I was doing to play. Cleaning the damn thing in the 30's wasn't too fun either. :icon_crazy:

You need to get the garage heater running on used motor oil. :thumb:

Do you have floor drains in your garage?

You need to get the garage heater running on used motor oil. :thumb:

Do you have floor drains in your garage?

No drains. The sun was out for a bit yesterday and it did warm up to just above freezing so I was able to wash the JL. It just wasn't a whole lot of fun.

The heater I have right now runs on kerosene or diesel and it works well. I try to run kerosene only as it's not as sooty. I really like the idea of the used motor oil but wasn't sure how it'd burn. Also, we haven't had enough of a winter this year to even think about heat until now. :crazyeyes:

Nice! Looked like a fun day. Great steady camera work (I assume by Cindy) on the donut ripping part!!

Oh yeah, that would be Cindy's handy work :cool:

I love trails in the snow!!! Especially now that I have STT pros that grip the snow so well.

The STT Pros are AMAZING in deep snow :yup:

Nice!!! That looked like a lot of fun to play in and just down the road from your home. That’s bad ass.

👍

Another great video. I suspect the ground was a bit more bumpy than it looked with that soft snow blanket. The stock suspension was really soaking up the bumps.:rock:

Another great video. I suspect the ground was a bit more bumpy than it looked with that soft snow blanket. The stock suspension was really soaking up the bumps.:rock:

Oh yeah, the ground underneath is really rocky and rutted out. The stock suspension on the JL is pretty amazing.

My favorite part was the remote start :yup::cheesy:

:cheesy: I might have to agree :D

Very cool video! Looks like a lot of fun. Might be a little harder to tear it up like that with the 37's 🙃

This may be true and all the more reason why I was happy to have a chance to do this stock :cool:

Finally go ta chance to watch this. Looks like a lot of fun. Wish we got snow like that here. Just another reason why Carson City is so appealing to me..haha.

Finally go ta chance to watch this. Looks like a lot of fun. Wish we got snow like that here. Just another reason why Carson City is so appealing to me..haha.

It is nice to have 4 seasons even if winter came a bit late for us :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom