VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : BOMBS AWAY - EVO Bomber Rocker Guards w/ Skins INSTALLATION

Exodus 4x4

I'll shoot you a message, I appreciate the offer

I’ve beaten the LOD’s pretty hard over the 4 years they’ve been on our JK and can’t say enough good things about them. I welded mine on after I installed the long arm kit, so that’s an option. If my wife wasn’t so short I probably would’ve installed the EVO sliders. Out of everything available, I believe those are the 2 best options.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I’ve beaten the LOD’s pretty hard over the 4 years they’ve been on our JK and can’t say enough good things about them. I welded mine on after I installed the long arm kit, so that’s an option. If my wife wasn’t so short I probably would’ve installed the EVO sliders. Out of everything available, I believe those are the 2 best options.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks for the feedback bubba, good to know how well they've done. I'm crazy about the looks was all, but function is really all that matters in reality and I'm certain they would grow on me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
finally getting caught up after a few crazy months of work.

These look great but drilling :eek: I cringed when I drilled holes on my JK for fenders and to this day i still cringe a little lol

I've got a set of LOD to install on the JL as soon as the rain clears :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
finally getting caught up after a few crazy months of work.

These look great but drilling :eek: I cringed when I drilled holes on my JK for fenders and to this day i still cringe a little lol

I've got a set of LOD to install on the JL as soon as the rain clears :thumb:

LOL - looking forward to seeing pics of your JL with the new rocker guards :yup:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
So I just watched the video again as I prep to install a set on my JT. I noticed you used 3/8” step bits to drill the holes, but the instructions say to use a 25/64 bit. I’m having a helluva time trying to find a step bit with 25/64 on it. Would 3/8 still work or did they change up their hardware? I also double checked instructions for JL and JT bomber skins and they both say 25/64” drill bit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JAGS

Hooked
Bringing this back from the past.

Question. Especially now that I know you’ve put this through it’s paces. Would you run these without the skins? Would these flex up and damage the body if you didn’t have the skins?

I’ve been holding out for something where skins aren’t needed and nothing is really jumping out at me. I know with these the skins are “optional,” but realistically???

Thx.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bringing this back from the past.

Question. Especially now that I know you’ve put this through it’s paces. Would you run these without the skins? Would these flex up and damage the body if you didn’t have the skins?

I’ve been holding out for something where skins aren’t needed and nothing is really jumping out at me. I know with these the skins are “optional,” but realistically???

Thx.

I think for most people, they'll be fine without the skins but to qualify that, I don't think most people wheel their Jeep anywhere as hard as they'd like to believe. If you're wanting to push your Jeep, I'm not sure if these rocker guards would hold up even with skins or at least, long term. I've been able to make them work for me but I always keep them in mind and in a way that I don't even give a second thought with frame mounted sliders like what Moby has.

JAGS

Hooked
I think for most people, they'll be fine without the skins but to qualify that, I don't think most people wheel their Jeep anywhere as hard as they'd like to believe. If you're wanting to push your Jeep, I'm not sure if these rocker guards would hold up even with skins or at least, long term. I've been able to make them work for me but I always keep them in mind and in a way that I don't even give a second thought with frame mounted sliders like what Moby has.

So specifically. MOAB, Rubicon and the like. My most extreme wheeling have been on these Wayalife adventures. Will these body mounted bombers hold up for the trails I’ve gone through with you?

I don’t think I’ll be doing the ultra hard core JLX stuff anytime soon.

If no skins added should I look at frame mounted options. I do like the idea of not having to think about. Like the EVO sliders on my JK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So specifically. MOAB, Rubicon and the like. My most extreme wheeling have been on these Wayalife adventures. Will these body mounted bombers hold up for the trails I’ve gone through with you?

I don’t think I’ll be doing the ultra hard core JLX stuff anytime soon.

If no skins added should I look at frame mounted options. I do like the idea of not having to think about. Like the EVO sliders on my JK.

If you aren't willing to install the skins, I would probably recommend frame mounted sliders. The Bomber Rockers will work well enough from a direct hit from underneath, I just don't know how well they'll hold up from an under/side hit. There's just more leverage and nothing to help support them without the skins.

benatc1

Hooked
If you aren't willing to install the skins, I would probably recommend frame mounted sliders. The Bomber Rockers will work well enough from a direct hit from underneath, I just don't know how well they'll hold up from an under/side hit. There's just more leverage and nothing to help support them without the skins.
I forget, are you able to just install the skins? Like if Evo ever comes out with their frame mounted sliders, you can keep the skins on, They aren't exclusive to the bombers right?

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I forget, are you able to just install the skins? Like if Evo ever comes out with their frame mounted sliders, you can keep the skins on, They aren't exclusive to the bombers right?

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Bomber skins are made specifically for them and they act as reinforcement for the rocker guards. However, if you were to swap out to frame mounted sliders in the future, the skins for them would bolt up to the same holes.

JAGS

Hooked

I’m willing to, just would prefer not to. And once you add the skins, you can’t really undo that. Lol.

The Bomber skins are made specifically for them and they act as reinforcement for the rocker guards. However, if you were to swap out to frame mounted sliders in the future, the skins for them would bolt up to the same holes.

Sounds like I may want to hold off a little bit longer.

Top Bottom