VIDEO : How Does ACCUAIR do on the WHOOPS

So, after suffering a little post traumatic stress while watching lol I ended up impressed once again with the system. This is much harder of a beating that I think anyone who is really looking to use the functionality of the bags (overlanding, hauling, towing etc) would give it, and this just goes to show how versatile and more importantly how strong they are too, awesome video!

Jmos

Hula-meter was HILARIOUS!

Your JT is a (sexy) BEST!!! -- and that was cool to see.
It also demonstrated all that suspension tech for me as a NOOB.

More and more I'm convinced this is the suspension solution I'd like to have -- for 2025 Rubicon Trail adventure.
Hoping they have this for a 2d JL Rubicon by then.

Can the shocks be improved? Or strictly tuned to this system as is, and therefor cannot be changed.

With the changing height -- is the geometry of the control arms, and axle centering an issue?
Doesn't look like it, but it has to be changing from top to bottom position.

TY

Great video. Definitely did better than I expected comparing to something like a standard shock and coil suspension. Those were some big whoops for sure and could really see that ass end jump around pretty good LOL I also realize I now need a hula girl in the Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
True… Over here we have lots of washboard fire roads that airing down to 18ish seems to help, but you still feel the suspension slapping around. I didn’t notice that with the accuair.
Yup. Like I say in the video, we purposefully ran what you saw at full street pressure. The ride the air pistons offer really do make it feel like we've aired down a bit and air down only make it better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After watching, it appeared to do about as well as I thought it might in the whoops, but seems to run pretty smooth on the “fire road trail”. Which lets say it performed as well as, and maybe better then a quality coil/shock set up, with all the other functionality you get, it’s a pretty good value. Oh and I’m never gonna not love seeing Jaws tear up the whoops..
I think that's just the thing with this suspension system, it performs as well if not better than a lot of the quality coil/shock setups that I've tested in the past but with a ton of other perks. For that, I don't think it needs to be the flexiest on the rocks or the fastest in the whoops to be a good kit for most people.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I"m trying to figure out if I can run my fox 2.5 res shocks with this system? anybody know?
You would not be able to run what you have now. The shocks that come with the ACCUAIR system have a specific collapsed and extended length that, in part, are designed to help protect the air pistons from tearing themselves apart. Changing them out would void your warranty.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, after suffering a little post traumatic stress while watching lol I ended up impressed once again with the system. This is much harder of a beating that I think anyone who is really looking to use the functionality of the bags (overlanding, hauling, towing etc) would give it, and this just goes to show how versatile and more importantly how strong they are too, awesome video!
LOL - too funny and glad that you were impressed with what you saw. We haven't been easy on this thing and so far, it's been holding up well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hula-meter was HILARIOUS!

Your JT is a (sexy) BEST!!! -- and that was cool to see.
It also demonstrated all that suspension tech for me as a NOOB.

More and more I'm convinced this is the suspension solution I'd like to have -- for 2025 Rubicon Trail adventure.
Hoping they have this for a 2d JL Rubicon by then.

Can the shocks be improved? Or strictly tuned to this system as is, and therefor cannot be changed.

With the changing height -- is the geometry of the control arms, and axle centering an issue?
Doesn't look like it, but it has to be changing from top to bottom position.

TY
LOL - glad you liked our Hula Meter 😁

Well, it's just 2023 now and I do know ACCUAIR is trying to figure something out for other models, including a 2-door so hopefully by then, they'll have something for you.

Regarding the shocks, I personally think what they provide, the JRi shocks, do a pretty good job and don't think they need improving upon. That said, you would need to keep what they provide.

As mentioned in our other video, your set your suspension and steering components to the default ride height, setting #2. There isn't enough of a change in geometry between #2 and the lower #1 to affect axle position or steering - as in, cause the ABS to kick in. At setting #3, the tallest setting or being on the bumps, the fastest you can drive is 25 mph before the system automatically brings you back to default.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Definitely did better than I expected comparing to something like a standard shock and coil suspension. Those were some big whoops for sure and could really see that ass end jump around pretty good LOL I also realize I now need a hula girl in the Jeep.
LOL - I don't know how I got by without a hula girl this long :ROFLMAO:

Brute

Hooked
Those of us from the great 808 are appreciative of the bobble hula girl...I have one too. Another feature that some people who live or drive into cities will appreciate...parking garages. When I'm driving Brute on a long road trip that includes visiting cities, I cannot get into a garage that is lower than 7 feet tall...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those of us from the great 808 are appreciative of the bobble hula girl...I have one too. Another feature that some people who live or drive into cities will appreciate...parking garages. When I'm driving Brute on a long road trip that includes visiting cities, I cannot get into a garage that is lower than 7 feet tall...
LOL - awesome! And yes, the benefits of getting a tall Jeep into a parking garage with just a touch of a button is definitely a plus.

Top Bottom