VIDEO : How Does ACCUAIR do on the WHOOPS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seems Accuair has its place.. just not in the whoops. Cool Video.
Glad you enjoyed the video and I agree. At least, not with the shocks they provide with the kit. I kind of feel like the air pistons could hold their own well if they had something to help do a better job of dampening the hits.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Glad you enjoyed the video and I agree. At least, not with the shocks they provide with the kit. I kind of feel like the air pistons could hold their own well if they had something to help do a better job of dampening the hits.

Who knows, maybe they’ll team up with King or Fox one day.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That’s a really interesting point. It does look like the component parts of their kit are available separately, at least for the most part. Gets me thinking about ways to mix and match that might be beneficial.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a really interesting point. It does look like the component parts of their kit are available separately, at least for the most part. Gets me thinking about ways to mix and match that might be beneficial.
I think the only thing you need to make sure of when running different shocks is that they are the correct length both collapsed and extended. This is critical to help prevent the air pistons from tearing themselves apart. Otherwise, I see no reason why you couldn't run something that can do a better job of keeping up.

jaspernonces

You would not be able to run what you have now. The shocks that come with the ACCUAIR system have a specific collapsed and extended length that, in part, are designed to help protect the air pistons from tearing themselves apart. Changing them out would void your warranty.
Ahh thank you for filling me in on that!

Jmos

LOL - glad you liked our Hula Meter 😁

Well, it's just 2023 now and I do know ACCUAIR is trying to figure something out for other models, including a 2-door so hopefully by then, they'll have something for you.

Regarding the shocks, I personally think what they provide, the JRi shocks, do a pretty good job and don't think they need improving upon. That said, you would need to keep what they provide.

As mentioned in our other video, your set your suspension and steering components to the default ride height, setting #2. There isn't enough of a change in geometry between #2 and the lower #1 to affect axle position or steering - as in, cause the ABS to kick in. At setting #3, the tallest setting or being on the bumps, the fastest you can drive is 25 mph before the system automatically brings you back to default.
much appreciated.

I like the ACCUAIR auto-leveling feature. -- When I use a hitch-mounted cargo box, the rear squats.
This system would solve this for me.

I use this for overlanding -- next big trip is in September.

I'll have to work out another solution for leveling, that I can install sooner.

much appreciated.

I like the ACCUAIR auto-leveling feature. -- When I use a hitch-mounted cargo box, the rear squats.
This system would solve this for me.

I use this for overlanding -- next big trip is in September.

I'll have to work out another solution for leveling, that I can install sooner.
Can you help level your vehicle by just leaving some stuff behind? For example, the extra freezer and the propane fire-pit?

Jmos

Can you help level your vehicle by just leaving some stuff behind? For example, the extra freezer and the propane fire-pit?
I don't have either of those items. ( freezer / fire-pit )

I was using a cargo box attached to the receiver hitch -- because we brought an extra passenger home with us from Yosemite.

Ours is only a 2D Jeep JL - even with the rear seat removed, we have space limits.

We are prepping for a 20 day over-landing trip later this year. -- for that trip, we are looking at a small refrigerator, and won't need the cargo box.

Top Bottom