VIDEO - EVO JK SPORT CAGE INSTALL : 2011-17 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Great video! Thanks for making it. I do like the cage the more I look at it after all this time it's been out. If I could justify the cost I would prob switch from my rockhard over to it just for the slight extra visibility over the dash bar.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Great video! Thanks for making it. I do like the cage the more I look at it after all this time it's been out. If I could justify the cost I would prob switch from my rockhard over to it just for the slight extra visibility over the dash bar.

You could always sell me yours for cheap then get one!:D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do the crossbars on the RH or evo hang low enough to get in the way? If I sit in the passenger seat of my jeep now my head hits the soundbar if the seat is slid back all the way.
Would like to do a cage but not sure if its going to cut back on headroom even more

You need to talk to SDG here on the forum. I think he's close to 7' tall and got the EVO cage specifically because of his height.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the video. I recently learned about the new crossbars that replace the factory but also didn't realize there were more plates provided as well. Seems really beefy and its growing on me.

I'm still more of a fan of the tubes of the RH cage compared to the squared off look of the EVO. I'm sure the EVO cage meets the quality of their other products though so it's more of just personal preference. While I don't think I would have an issue with visibility of the RH cage, the wife might and I do like the way the EVO cage provides better visibility as well as almost making it look like it was factory as far as the a pillar goes in the fact that it replaces the factory trim. Well done EVO. [emoji1303]

I'm debating about trying to do a cage soon, now I just have to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. The fact you got the job done with "no colorful language" is simply amazing. LOL.

:cheesy: I've installed a few cages over the years and in my opinion, this was one of the easiest. As you can see in the video, even the a-pillar supports just went right in and without any fuss.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the video. I recently learned about the new crossbars that replace the factory but also didn't realize there were more plates provided as well. Seems really beefy and its growing on me.

I'm still more of a fan of the tubes of the RH cage compared to the squared off look of the EVO. I'm sure the EVO cage meets the quality of their other products though so it's more of just personal preference. While I don't think I would have an issue with visibility of the RH cage, the wife might and I do like the way the EVO cage provides better visibility as well as almost making it look like it was factory as far as the a pillar goes in the fact that it replaces the factory trim. Well done EVO. [emoji1303]

I'm debating about trying to do a cage soon, now I just have to decide.

The Rock Hard is a good cage and it worked fine for me but the visibility thing was always an issue for Cindy. Even with lower sitting Mastercraft seats in Moby, she still preferred to wheel him over Rubicat and that was before the LS swap. So that it isn't missed, Moby still has a Rock Hard cage but he is an 07.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Is there any interference to the headlight sensor. I think there was a thread on the forum last month where they needed to move the sensor for it to work properly. Looks like you left it in place, any problems?
Mine works fine, lights come on a little sooner as it does cast a shadow, but they work like normal unless you get into a shadowy area.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Is there any interference with the uconnect mic? Looks like that panel gets replaced but can't really tell. Curious if it needs to be moved.

EDIT: watched it again. Question answered at 6:55. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

tgoss

Is there any interference to the headlight sensor. I think there was a thread on the forum last month where they needed to move the sensor for it to work properly. Looks like you left it in place, any problems?

I had to relocate mine... I honestly think I'm the only person who has run into this issue.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I keep rewatching the video. Can’t wait till mine comes this week. Install doesn’t look too bad.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Does the cage come with the template and instructions? I know it’s online. But I don’t have a computer..

Top Bottom