VIDEO : DECKED OUT Jeep Gladiator Truck Bed Drawer Storage System Installation

kevman65

Hooked
I could be wrong, but I don’t think the bolts protrude through the lid into the drawer space. I’m pretty sure the hold the lid to the interior frame pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I was thinking more of the ammo cans, in the video they appear to stick 1/2" or more beyond the nut. I'd hate to slice a hand open trying to dig something out in the dark.
Or even have something hang on one and get torn pulling it out.

Discount Tire

What an unbelievable Decked set-up. That looks fantastic and makes everything so organized. :2thumbsup:

I always enjoy your install videos. Thank you.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Thank you for the video Eddie. The instructions are great, but being able to see the video made it that much easier.

You no longer have to drill for the plate on the back, which is good and bad. I had to loosen up some other stuff to get the plate lined up. No biggie, but just a heads up to anyone getting this.

Also, they suggest drilling out some 1/2 holes in the ammo cans to allow water to drain. The dimples are provided for the task.

Finally, they do provide rubber covers for the j bolts so no worries about catching stuff on the threaded end.

Pics below

Attachments

• 4B9DA455-44E7-4E67-8871-40FC9333A19E.jpeg
    4B9DA455-44E7-4E67-8871-40FC9333A19E.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 884DDBCD-2C79-4592-9E04-9C2336C18310.jpeg
    884DDBCD-2C79-4592-9E04-9C2336C18310.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 13

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the video Eddie. The instructions are great, but being able to see the video made it that much easier.

You no longer have to drill for the plate on the back, which is good and bad. I had to loosen up some other stuff to get the plate lined up. No biggie, but just a heads up to anyone getting this.

Also, they suggest drilling out some 1/2 holes in the ammo cans to allow water to drain. The dimples are provided for the task.

Finally, they do provide rubber covers for the j bolts so no worries about catching stuff on the threaded end.

Pics below
So glad the video helped and thank you for posting the updates they made. (y)

LC100

This was a great video. Seems like getting a DECKED system for the Gladiator is a no brainer. DECKED's website has a blog post about Jeep Gladiator Accessories with some great information on other mods to add to the truck. Getting a bed rack seems like a logical addition to the drawer system because it can help keep some of those bigger items you put in your bed in place and reduce the concern of having them fall out. (plus it just looks cool too)

kevman65

Hooked
Let's pull this out and dust it off.

So, after three years, would you do this again for the investment it is?
Is it as useful as you hoped, or do you wish you had the actual bed space available?

Let me add, I know it's no longer installed, won't work with your new EVO goodies.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Is it as useful as you hoped, or do you wish you had the actual bed space available?

Let me add, I know it's no longer installed, won't work with your new EVO goodies.
Actually, I think Eddie said it will work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Wow, I honestly don't know how I missed this till now and can only imagine that it was because of the holidays but to answer your question, yes and no.

Yes, I would do it again but probably wouldn't. Yes, I found it to be useful especially while we were still running a bed rack but after we took it off, I really wanted more actual bed space. I know, I sound fickle but that's the best I can tell you.

Finally, Mel designed their new trailing arm kit to work with the Decked system. We just left it out because I really started to like having a real pickup bed again. That and Mel wanted it for his new artic build.

kevman65

Hooked
Wow, I honestly don't know how I missed this till now and can only imagine that it was because of the holidays but to answer your question, yes and no.

Yes, I would do it again but probably wouldn't. Yes, I found it to be useful especially while we were still running a bed rack but after we took it off, I really wanted more actual bed space. I know, I sound fickle but that's the best I can tell you.

Finally, Mel designed their new trailing arm kit to work with the Decked system. We just left it out because I really started to like having a real pickup bed again. That and Mel wanted it for his new artic build.

No, not fickle. Cons outweighed the pros and you're giving an honest evaluation. Something that can be hard to come by in the internet realm.

But, that is one of the things I appreciate about your reviews and product testing. You don't feel obligated to give just the positive side of a product and will give the negative too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No, not fickle. Cons outweighed the pros and you're giving an honest evaluation. Something that can be hard to come by in the internet realm.

But, that is one of the things I appreciate about your reviews and product testing. You don't feel obligated to give just the positive side of a product and will give the negative too.
LOL - well, I'm glad you can appreciate it. All I can ever hope to do is share what I think and based on personal experience.

Dale72

Hooked

I'm like you, I was missing having the space of the bed. And with the gap between the top and the sides I would get a shit load of leaves and pine needles under it during the fall. I left it in the blue gladiator when I traded it. I'm not going to get another one.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
My 2¢ on the Decked system…..I’ve had mine about 3 years and specifically for work, keeping my Paintless dent repair tools organized it been fine. Other than that specific purpose I don’t like it that much. I think if it was taking up 4-5” of less height maybe it would be better, I think if maybe the accessories locked into place a little more securely it could be better, for instance the dividers don’t lock into place very well and they use o-rings for that purpose. The creators made a very rugged product except where the ruggedness is needed the most. I’m not dying to get rid of it, but I’d probably not buy one again without a moderately revamped version.

Top Bottom