VIDEO : BUT WAIT there's MORE NEW Jeep Stuff & Overland Gear at SEMA 2023 - DAY 3

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
An super simple but innovative winch system, headlight solutions for a Jeep JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator, a German engineered lift kit for both, some cool new beadlock wheels and more, can all be seen here on our third and final day covering the 2023 SEMA Show.

More pics and all kinds of SEMA Show stuff that doesn't make the video cut can be found here: https://www.wayalife.com/forums/2023-sema-show.197/

#sema2023 #jeep #wayalife #semashow2023 #sema #semashow #jeepwrangler #jeepgladiator #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jljeep #jeepjl #gladiatortruck #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #lasvegas #lvcc #lasvegasconventioncenter #bushwinch #capstanwinch #overland #overlanding #diodedynamics #headlights #bajadesigns #lp6 #fittipaldioffroad #beadlock #beadlockwheels #quakeled #rubicondo #orzusa #suspensionsystem #liftkit

jeeeep

Hooked
I've seen similar wheel winch in action, it's pretty wild. This is a more refined design than what I saw. The sand auger with the folding plate seems more useful than max tracks; I've yet to see max tracks actually work, seems like they're always being dug out because they sink into the sand/snow/mud.

LED lighting has come a long way, did you notice any with heat elements for snow use?

just ordered the Diode Dynamics reverse light kit, not with the 4th brake light. Won't do me any good once the hitch is in but maybe it will still work with a side mount :unsure: ..

Quake interview, that damn horn lol

Bawarrion suspension seems pretty pricy, will be awesome if they let you really test it out (y)

Fitapaldi beadlocks, I'd be afraid to scratch it lol

Awesome coverage! Thanks for the work you put into getting out the info 👏

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen similar wheel winch in action, it's pretty wild. This is a more refined design than what I saw. The sand auger with the folding plate seems more useful than max tracks; I've yet to see max tracks actually work, seems like they're always being dug out because they sink into the sand/snow/mud.

LED lighting has come a long way, did you notice any with heat elements for snow use?

just ordered the Diode Dynamics reverse light kit, not with the 4th brake light. Won't do me any good once the hitch is in but maybe it will still work with a side mount :unsure: ..

Quake interview, that damn horn lol

Bawarrion suspension seems pretty pricy, will be awesome if they let you really test it out (y)

Fitapaldi beadlocks, I'd be afraid to scratch it lol

Awesome coverage! Thanks for the work you put into getting out the info 👏
You know, I've really been appreciating your well thought out and thorough feedback. Thank you and I'm glad that you enjoyed our coverage of SEMA :)

benatc1

Hooked
Some cool stuff, Diode dynamics makes a pretty good light, I have their flush mount Amber reverse and like them. Interesting guy from Bush but that is certainly a practical solution for many people to throw in their vehicles even if they do rare mild off roading. Was thinking about this earlier, did Evo not go this year? Or just nothing new to share?

DManuel

Interesting winch alternative. But, I don’t think Warn should be too worried at this time. Seems more of an outback “Bush” kind of thing. The Diode Dynamics headlights are beautiful. And, the hitch-mount LED Pod is very cool. I‘m Going to pick one up for the Jeep and share It with the motorhome - I can always use extra light when backing into a camp spot after dark. This will be very helpful and easy to install. Great products.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I don't know... I'm thinking that winch system takes up more room then a Warn...and is more of a headache than anything.. but interesting. Definitely Some cool Light innovations this year... And always good to see more bead lock offerings. I liked the last all black wheel. I thought the German guy was gonna say... "I can tell you something... but I'll have to kill you." Lol

I’m interested in seeing that German lift in action. Hopefully they’ll follow through with the offer to let you try it out.

Seems you found the perfect winch for the EVs. 😂

Thanks again to you and Cindy for covering the show again, there was a lot of great stuff. I’d say the J10 and wagon were my favorite classics and the huge green gladiator was my favorite built rig.

Slaphitter

I like the wheel winch idea. Certainly for a casual or occasional off-roader it seems like a great solution at a good price point. Because your pulling point is on the corner and not centered, if you’re stuck in a weird spot I suppose you need to put some extra thought into the angles and how to best use the hub swivels. But the fact you have 4 wheels to use as possible pulling spots also seems very versatile.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Some cool stuff, Diode dynamics makes a pretty good light, I have their flush mount Amber reverse and like them. Interesting guy from Bush but that is certainly a practical solution for many people to throw in their vehicles even if they do rare mild off roading. Was thinking about this earlier, did Evo not go this year? Or just nothing new to share?
Like a lot of companies and I do mean, a LOT, EVO chose not to come this year. I try to keep positive about it but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little depressing.
Interesting winch alternative. But, I don’t think Warn should be too worried at this time. Seems more of an outback “Bush” kind of thing. The Diode Dynamics headlights are beautiful. And, the hitch-mount LED Pod is very cool. I‘m Going to pick one up for the Jeep and share It with the motorhome - I can always use extra light when backing into a camp spot after dark. This will be very helpful and easy to install. Great products.
LOL - no, I don't think WARN or really, any winch company out there has too much to worry about. I really could use the hitch mount light too and mainly for backing up. Glad you enjoyed the coverage.
I don't know... I'm thinking that winch system takes up more room then a Warn...and is more of a headache than anything.. but interesting. Definitely Some cool Light innovations this year... And always good to see more bead lock offerings. I liked the last all black wheel. I thought the German guy was gonna say... "I can tell you something... but I'll have to kill you." Lol
LOL - way too funny :ROFLMAO:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m interested in seeing that German lift in action. Hopefully they’ll follow through with the offer to let you try it out.

Seems you found the perfect winch for the EVs. 😂

Thanks again to you and Cindy for covering the show again, there was a lot of great stuff. I’d say the J10 and wagon were my favorite classics and the huge green gladiator was my favorite built rig.
I think the problem with the lift is in my ability to test it out. It will only be in town for about a week and then it goes back on the road. I'm gonna try and see what I can do though.

Happy to hear you enjoyed our show coverage :)
I like the wheel winch idea. Certainly for a casual or occasional off-roader it seems like a great solution at a good price point. Because your pulling point is on the corner and not centered, if you’re stuck in a weird spot I suppose you need to put some extra thought into the angles and how to best use the hub swivels. But the fact you have 4 wheels to use as possible pulling spots also seems very versatile.
There's been a lot of hate for the winch on YouTube and while I can see the doubt in it, I personally like the idea of it. I don't think I would ever use it to replace what I have now but I could totally see using it in conjunction to it. Also, I personally liked their ground and sand daggers and how compact they were when folded up and stored away. This as opposed to a big anchor like a pull pal.

Slaphitter

There's been a lot of hate for the winch on YouTube and while I can see the doubt in it, I personally like the idea of it. I don't think I would ever use it to replace what I have now but I could totally see using it in conjunction to it. Also, I personally liked their ground and sand daggers and how compact they were when folded up and stored away. This as opposed to a big anchor like a pull pal.

Meh, there’s always a lot of hate for everything in social media comments. :D A social media comment section is one place where “the wisdom of the crowd” doesn’t actually happen.

benatc1

Hooked
Like a lot of companies and I do mean, a LOT, EVO chose not to come this year. I try to keep positive about it but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little depressing.

LOL - no, I don't think WARN or really, any winch company out there has too much to worry about. I really could use the hitch mount light too and mainly for backing up. Glad you enjoyed the coverage.

LOL - way too funny :ROFLMAO:
Yea I’m sure they were far from alone, almost makes you think more and more won’t go next year when they see their “competitors” weren’t there this year. But I hope some companies still see the value in it, especially if they have a big new product coming to the market

Jeeptime

I appreciate your time and energy to get us to be able to experince the SEMA show. It's amazing the aftermarket products available for Jeep owners as well as other vehicles.

JAGS

Hooked
Just finished the last vid. Awesome coverage as always. Those diode lights (headlights and others) are pretty cool for the JL. Way better than the Spod in my opinion, but to each their own. Not this vid, but the NAchos also seemed really cool.

Caught the vids on YT and need to browse some more threads here. 😎

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Meh, there’s always a lot of hate for everything in social media comments. :D A social media comment section is one place where “the wisdom of the crowd” doesn’t actually happen.
LOL - love it and well said 😁
Yea I’m sure they were far from alone, almost makes you think more and more won’t go next year when they see their “competitors” weren’t there this year. But I hope some companies still see the value in it, especially if they have a big new product coming to the market
I was talking to a few companies about this and the cost for space is extremely high. The struggle is real when considering ROI. But, it's hard not to notice things like Ford coming back this year albeit in small fashion with 2 smaller booths instead of the great blue wall and massive outdoor display like they had done for years. Of course, guess who got best 4x4 of the year for 2023? Same goes for all the other awards - you can't win if you don't show and I do think the SEMA awards do still carry some value.
I appreciate your time and energy to get us to be able to experince the SEMA show. It's amazing the aftermarket products available for Jeep owners as well as other vehicles.
Really happy to hear you enjoyed our SEMA coverage this year.
Just finished the last vid. Awesome coverage as always. Those diode lights (headlights and others) are pretty cool for the JL. Way better than the Spod in my opinion, but to each their own. Not this vid, but the NAchos also seemed really cool.

Caught the vids on YT and need to browse some more threads here. 😎
The Diode Dynamics headlights are really awesome. Clean, factory look and in a 9"
Awesome video and coverage as always!! Caught up on all them last night! Can’t wait for next year!
Thank you :)

Top Bottom