unofficial Hidden Falls run Sept 30-Oct 2

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm running the beginner group with stock Rubi rails, and I guess that's alright? I don't have time to get any in & installed before heading out.

PLENTY, even experienced. :thumb: What you wanna look out for is your lowers and doors. the Stock Rubi rails do a good job, as long as they are sliding on the tallest part of the rock. :thumb:

You wouldn't want slide/turn on a rock with the rubi rails, but hidden falls doesn't really have a rock garden anyway.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
sweet! i can't decide if i should camp or get a hotel?? :thinking:

I can't speak for EVERYONE staying at the hotel, but I know Ash and I will be around the camp fire until we are basically the only ones out there... then and only then will we climb into the jeep and head back to town.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
well I slept on it and then worked on it and got home and ordered up the sliders ............ so with any kind of luck they will be on prior to the run , now its a will they make it before it and will I get em done in time thing ..........

Jackal01

I can't speak for EVERYONE staying at the hotel, but I know Ash and I will be around the camp fire until we are basically the only ones out there... then and only then will we climb into the jeep and head back to town.

We will be staying late as well.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Wise decision.

needed em anyways ............like I said dunno if they will be on for it but its more for future than this run .. probably would done a bit more in Moab had I had em honestly , but I was running solo and preferred to opt on the safe side just in case ..... now I'm gonna go out and strip down the jeep take them plastic steps off along with the rest to flippin nice out today to not do a bit of roaming about

Benito

Caught the Bug

Yep. This is what I plan on doing as well!

We will be staying late as well.

Looks like I'll be there with all of you! Is every one staying at the motel 6 Mike posted?

well I slept on it and then worked on it and got home and ordered up the sliders ............ so with any kind of luck they will be on prior to the run , now its a will they make it before it and will I get em done in time thing ..........

Did you go with the EVO sliders? If you ever plan on getting rock skins I would get those now and install them before the sliders.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Looks like I'll be there with all of you! Is every one staying at the motel 6 Mike posted?

Did you go with the EVO sliders? If you ever plan on getting rock skins I would get those now and install them before the sliders.

yup evo little less than the lod and weld onto the frame which is what I want .... no plans for the skins .......... next up for me will be snorkel ,a few more lights and fridge .......... fridge is gonna be arb , lights kc just haven't made up my mind on the snorkel as yet R.R. or the AEV the I like the way the RR mounts and do have the roof rack to consider as well so its where I'm leaning more than the AEV

Jackal01

Yes. Call the motel to reserve and tell them you're going to Hidden Falls for a decent discount.

I second this. Unless you ordered the low angle ones which you can add the skins later with minimal effort.

Rb1boxer_3

Awesome I've have mine for over a month sitting in the garage waiting to get put on.

Dempsey

Awesome I've have mine for over a month sitting in the garage waiting to get put on.

I just finished installing my LoD sliders. Install was a bigger pain than anticipated but i got it done with my basic skills, and i definitely can not weld, so that gave me only one option. I'm pretty happy with em, excited to see how well they hold up on this run. I have a feeling i will like them even more after they save my body a couple times.

0910162207.jpg

0910162207a.jpg

Napalm

I just finished installing my LoD sliders. Install was a bigger pain than anticipated but i got it done with my basic skills, and i definitely can not weld, so that gave me only one option. I'm pretty happy with em, excited to see how well they hold up on this run. I have a feeling i will like them even more after they save my body a couple times.

View attachment 222774

View attachment 222775

Are the Rubi springs your only suspension mods? If so, looks great!!

Dempsey

Are the Rubi springs your only suspension mods? If so, looks great!!

No i got a 3" spacer kit in there (probably closer to 2.5"). And aftermarket Daystar shocks. Cant wait to replace those too, but not till after i fill those wheel wells with the appropriate tire.

But yea its sitting a lot more level now so think ill hold off on the rear springs.

Kyle7R

View attachment 222774

View attachment 222775

Looks way better, lost all that front end squat. :thumb:

Top Bottom