Truck-Lite 4.5in Aux Lamps

NY1982JK

So I've been looking at something to replace my stock Fog Lamps. I was first considering some Rigid Industries Duallies as Fog replacements until I stumbled across Truck-Lites 4.5 Auxiliary Lamps. As big as the company is and as many people I see on the forum running their headlights, I was wondering why I've never seen anyone run these little badasses.
Truck-lite fog.jpg

Anyone have any experience running these?? Anyone with pics?? Just curious to find out more as I'm seriously considering them since they can be had for about $100ea on amazon. Also, if anyone is running them, can they be wired to run off the factory Fog Lite switch?

Much thanks in advance :D :thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Any light can be wired to run off the factory fog switch. You just use the factory switch as a trigger for a relay.

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
They're nice and if I wasn't broke as shit, I'd run them and truck lites but I'm not made of money so I bought the affordable knockoff Dually's (aka Pods, Cubes, etc) from a friends company and DIY mounted them in the stock fog light location. Heres the link for that writeup: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?14215-DIY-Replacement-Fog-Lights-Any-Square-LEDs

If I were made of money then yeah I'd snag all the Truck-Lite products up in a heartbeat but I'm not hahaha

NY1982JK

Yeah I was looking at that before. Nice write-up!! If amazon didn't have them for 100 bucks a piece I don't think I could justify them myself. I know I want to eventually run them on an EVO 1/4 pounder, I just gotta see if I can find some sort of housing to mount them in. I can't find anything anywhere.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah I was looking at that before. Nice write-up!! If amazon didn't have them for 100 bucks a piece I don't think I could justify them myself. I know I want to eventually run them on an EVO 1/4 pounder, I just gotta see if I can find some sort of housing to mount them in. I can't find anything anywhere.

Yeah thats the tough part. And thanks

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Just don't expect these to throw light out too far. They're meant to be true fogs which can't be too bright or they start to reflect too much from the condensation in the air. If you want driving lights which do project further, I'd look at the Speaker brand.

Jersey_Devil

Trucklite engineers were at my house last night, I asked about the lights. I was told they don't carry a bracket for it but call Northridge they have one

Sent from my obama monitoring device

NY1982JK

Trucklite engineers were at my house last night, I asked about the lights. I was told they don't carry a bracket for it but call Northridge they have one

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Score. Thats what I needed to know. I PM'd the rep on here but haven't heard anything back. I noticed on their new catalog they show them mounted on top of a stubby bumper on a JK. Figured there had to be something out there.

NY1982JK

FYI, the factory fogs are 4", not 4,5"

Yeah I realized this a little while after posting this. However, my intention is to top mount them on a 1/4 Pounder, so stock Fog size is irrelevant. Just gotta get a bracket to mount them if I decide to go with these.

Top Bottom