Transfer Case swap...safe to drive & wheel?

TxCoastie

Hey guys I picked up a used Rubicon tcase with 55k on it. I removed my sport tcase.

I was about to install the Rubicon tcase but noticed there is some up/down play.

Safe to wheel & drive with the lil amount of play shown on this video? Thanks.

Bierpower

Hooked
The Rubicon case has an extra set of planetary gears right at the front to get down to 4:1. I don't think that out of the norm but I'll run out and check mine in a bit.

Ddays

Hooked
I have a spare on my shelf that is the same. One thing you need to make sure of is that you don't mix up the yokes and nuts from the sport and the rubi case. The nuts are different and you can't use one on the other. Bad things will happen.....

TxCoastie

Thanks guys. Being this my dd & wheeler I installed the Rubicon tcase yesterday. Tested on the highway & on to some dirt roads. I went through all the gears in 4low & 4hi.

Super smooth, easy shifting, no binding, no odd noises.

Probably replace the bearing sooner than later.

Turns out I actually had a leak on the bearing seal from my sport tcase after initial removal.

Thanks guys.

jesse3638

Hooked
I have a spare on my shelf that is the same. One thing you need to make sure of is that you don't mix up the yokes and nuts from the sport and the rubi case. The nuts are different and you can't use one on the other. Bad things will happen.....
Was that what happened?

Top Bottom