Trail Racks

Dannyboy76

So I am looking into getting a Trail Rack(the one that goes over the rear tire). I will be using it more for beach travel and some of the long road trips we have planned. So most recent one I have seen is the Garvin Industries Trail Rack. They make one that there is no drilling required. It just goes into(behind the rear tired carrier). However the price seem a bit steep for my taste. Wondering if anybody else out there has one that just has easy to set up where there is no additional drilling required, but also not has much money.

The wife and I made our own as well. Ours is hinged so it is easier to take in and out but obviously wouldn't hold as much weight.

Probably cost us 30 bucks and an hour of labor.

Can you take a picture of how it matches up with the tail gate? Maybe one looking down from above?

Very much appreciated.

I have it out at the moment to clean but it leaves about 2 or 3 inches off the tail gate, ends right at the bump on the inside where the handle is! You could bring it right to the door but i wanted a little room to reach in and take out small things like a soda can! I can take pics when im done cleaning if you still want!

I would stay away from the Garvin rack, unless your going to get a hinged tire carrier. The reason being I own the Garving rack, and the top of "brace" bars that attach to the factory holes for the spare tire, push against the tire seems not as snug. pics to follow.

IMAG0204.jpgIMAG0205.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom