Trail JK’s pretty Penny Copperhead build

WJCO

Meme King
That's a huge crack! Normally they're just hairline. Glad you guys are replacing. Hope to see it running again soon.

Ddays

Hooked
Wow, that's really shitty but great that you caught that before anything bad happened. When they come apart at speed it's not pretty. :grayno:

JKbrick

That sucks about the cracks, when I saw the color my first thought was maybe it was the same year as Brick with a lifetime warranty but then I looked, bummer

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail JK

That's a huge crack! Normally they're just hairline. Glad you guys are replacing. Hope to see it running again soon.

Believe it or not that’s a close-up shot and it was really hard to tell if that was a genuine crack or one of the marks from the casting flash. There were so many that they all look like they could be cracks. Even in the new transfer case 1/2 looks really clean and the other half has a bunch of marks. It really seemed like the fluid was just seeping right through the case all over. Crazy

Here are some shots of the new case where you can see the half of it’s really clean. Old case had marks on both sides.
IMG_6238.jpg .

Of course for the price of a new case you would think they could get the screws tightened.
IMG_6239.jpg .
IMG_6240.jpg

Trail JK

That sucks about the cracks, when I saw the color my first thought was maybe it was the same year as Brick with a lifetime warranty but then I looked, bummer

I’m not sure I would trust a lifetime warranty. I think that if you install mods you disqualify yourself. I don’t know for sure and it also may depend on the dealership. 🤷🏻*♀️

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Damn glad you guys found it and got a new one! Would have sucked to have it break on you on the trail

WhiteMetal

Believe it or not that’s a close-up shot and it was really hard to tell if that was a genuine crack or one of the marks from the casting flash. There were so many that they all look like they could be cracks. Even in the new transfer case 1/2 looks really clean and the other half has a bunch of marks. It really seemed like the fluid was just seeping right through the case all over. Crazy

Here are some shots of the new case where you can see the half of it’s really clean. Old case had marks on both sides.
View attachment 309087 .

Of course for the price of a new case you would think they could get the screws tightened.
View attachment 309088 .
View attachment 309089

Frick eh hopefully that’s when the carelessness began. Pretty shitty when you have to go through a brand new transfer case after paying for it to have been put together right in the first place

JAGS

Hooked
The stories that T-case could tell. Been around for several myself. Maybe we can hit a local trail soon.

Trail JK

Damn glad you guys found it and got a new one! Would have sucked to have it break on you on the trail

Very true or even worse while driving. All is right again. [emoji1303]

Frick eh hopefully that’s when the carelessness began. Pretty shitty when you have to go through a brand new transfer case after paying for it to have been put together right in the first place

Right!

The stories that T-case could tell. Been around for several myself. Maybe we can hit a local trail soon.

Sounds fun! Let’s do it!

TrailHunter

Hooked
What a headache... and expensive.... glad you are getting it fixed though. At least you save a couple bucks on the install.

Top Bottom