Track Width for lifted 2dr Wrangler Rubicon

Chris608

Curious about track Width nessissary my 2dr 2023 Wrangler Rubicon if I install a JKS 3in lift and 35" x 11.5 17 Thanks ๐Ÿ‘

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rubicon's come with wide track axles. If your tire shop will mount 35's on stock wheels, you should be okay without any spacers. You may need to adjust your steer stops a bit though to prevent rubbing at a full turn but that's about it.

Otherwise, you can ONLY run 1.75" wheel spacers as they are what will clear your wheel studs or at least, not without grinding them down.

Chris608

Rubicon's come with wide track axles. If your tire shop will mount 35's on stock wheels, you should be okay without any spacers. You may need to adjust your steer stops a bit though to prevent rubbing at a full turn but that's about it.

Otherwise, you can ONLY run 1.75" wheel spacers as they are what will clear your wheel studs or at least, not without grinding them down.
Thank you ๐Ÿ‘ I most likely will be adding the jks 3 inch lift and aftermarket rear drive shaft as recommended I just thought it might be a little more tippy being total +or a little - 4" over stock center of gravity which is my concern (rollover)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you ๐Ÿ‘ I most likely will be adding the jks 3 inch lift and aftermarket rear drive shaft as recommended I just thought it might be a little more tippy being total +or a little - 4" over stock center of gravity which is my concern (rollover)
Any reason why you want to go so high just for 35" tires? You can practically run 35's without any lift. You can pretty much run 37's with 2" of lift.

Chris608

Any reason why you want to go so high just for 35" tires? You can practically run 35's without any lift. You can pretty much run 37's with 2" of lift.
The 3" lift from JKS is a much better product than the 2"Mopar lift and I will probably go with 37s eventually I was thinking that if I go with 37s I would need to go with steel steering knuckles and HD ball joints What's your opinion? Re: steering knuckles and ball joints

WJCO

Meme King
The 3" lift from JKS is a much better product than the 2"Mopar lift and I will probably go with 37s eventually I was thinking that if I go with 37s I would need to go with steel steering knuckles and HD ball joints What's your opinion? Re: steering knuckles and ball joints
Are you offroading 8 days a week? The JL has been out for like 5 years now. Tons of guys slap 37s on, small lift and that's it. With no issues. Don't buy into the product hype too much.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 3" lift from JKS is a much better product than the 2"Mopar lift
I would be the first to say that JKS makes good products but what exactly is this opinion based on? From what I've seen, the 2" Mopar kit yields over 3" of actual lift and clears 37's without any issues. Just curious more than anything.
...and I will probably go with 37s eventually I was thinking that if I go with 37s I would need to go with steel steering knuckles and HD ball joints What's your opinion? Re: steering knuckles and ball joints
For sure, the aluminum knuckles aren't exactly anything to write home about but running 37's won't make them spontaneously blow up on you. I ran 37's and even 38's on them and with factory ball joints for quite some time and without any issues.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you offroading 8 days a week? The JL has been out for like 5 years now. Tons of guys slap 37s on, small lift and that's it. With no issues. Don't buy into the product hype too much.
LOL - beat me to it ๐Ÿคช

The hype out there is real. If I can offer some friendly advice, save your money and make upgrades as the need arises.

Last edited:

Chris608

I would be the first to say that JKS makes good products but what exactly is this opinion based on? From what I've seen, the 2" Mopar kit yields over 3" of actual lift and clears 37's without any issues. Just curious more than anything.

For sure, the aluminum knuckles aren't exactly anything to write home about but running 37's won't make them spontaneously blow up on you. I ran 37's and even 38's on them and with factory ball joints for quite some time and without any issues.
I've done serval trails in Moab and AOAA/Rauch Creek in Pennsylvania got high centered on Fern Ridge black loops and Steel Bender in Moab and slowed down the whole group several times ๐Ÿ˜‚ I figure 3in lift and 35s I would avoid the trouble

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've done serval trails in Moab and AOAA/Rauch Creek in Pennsylvania got high centered on Fern Ridge black loops and Steel Bender in Moab and slowed down the whole group several times ๐Ÿ˜‚ I figure 3in lift and 35s I would avoid the trouble
35's on a 2-door with 2-2.5" of lift is like 37's on a 4 door running 3"-3.5" of lift. Assuming you were running stock when you got high centered, 2" of lift and 35's will get the job done and well and without making you look and feel like a tippy roller skate. But then, that's just my opinion.

Chris608

35's on a 2-door with 2-2.5" of lift is like 37's on a 4 door running 3"-3.5" of lift. Assuming you were running stock when you got high centered, 2" of lift and 35's will get the job done and well and without making you look and feel like a tippy roller skate. But then, that's just my opinion.
Thanks ๐Ÿ‘ appreciate the advice!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks ๐Ÿ‘ appreciate the advice!
Just trying to help save you some money and headaches. Ideally, you do want to run bigger tires but with only as much lift as is needed to clear them. The taller you go, the more problems you'll have to deal with - trust me.

If you haven't seen it before, both of these videos were done in a bone stock Sport and with street tires.

You really don't need a whole lot to have a lot of fun.

I have no knowledge of the JKS kit, but the Mopar 2" lift has been working fine for me on my 2-door. No complaints. The 4-door version may be different.

Chris608

This ^

Why I bought a 2 door.
It's as nimble as a Fox on the trails and aside from getting high centered a few times while taking on some tough trails it's pretty capable only "oh sh*t" moment was going down a steep sandy ledge that I had some real trouble getting back up ( I was alone on the trail) and it was before I had a winch it's a great Jeep! I was even considering leaving it stock on 33s and just using bypasses for the bigger obstacles like I did while wheeling Metal Masher alone
Just trying to help save you some money and headaches. Ideally, you do want to run bigger tires but with only as much lift as is needed to clear them. The taller you go, the more problems you'll have to deal with - trust me.

If you haven't seen it before, both of these videos were done in a bone stock Sport and with street tires.

You really don't need a whole lot to have a lot of fun.
I saw that video it was great ๐Ÿ‘

SOB

I have 2" Mopar lift...more like 3", and went through Fern Ridge no problem on 37's. Been to Moab also and Rausch. Trick is to stay LOW lift as possible to fit desired tires. 99% of the time it is your driving that determines what you get up or do not. I have been in line with ALL buggies on a Black/Red who don't care if they bang into trees and shit. Whereas I pride myself on no damage, yet can still hang with buggies...to a point.

Top Bottom