TPMS not able to scan

AegisFang

Just had the Jeep lifted, order wheels & tires that were mounted and sent with new TPMS sensors. I connected the Superchip flashcal so that I could adjust for tire size, but none of the tire stores scanners will work on it to relearn. I still have the little box hooked up behind to the gateway module, would that be the issue for the scanners not working? Also since the lift, the traction control light comes on. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

kevman65

Hooked
Need to check which TPMS were mounted in the wheels.

JEEP changed the TPMS for MY 21, anything older won't work with newer.

Supposedly the newer ones don't cooperate real well going backwards either.

Upvote 0

AegisFang

Need to check which TPMS were mounted in the wheels.

JEEP changed the TPMS for MY 21, anything older won't work with newer.

Supposedly the newer ones don't cooperate real well going backwards either.
I ordered the wheels from Trail Built, TMPS are HUF UVS7051.

Upvote 0
By any chance, have you driven the Jeep a considerable amount yet after installing the new wheels? It takes time for the Jeep to relearn them. I know the UVS7051 works for JKs and early JLs, but like @kevman65 said double check if those are compatible with newer models.

Edit: I see you have a 2018. So back to my original question, have you driven yet? A JL needs a programmer to initiate the sensors but won't pick them up right away. If you've done that and still nothing, wrong sensors I guess 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0

AegisFang

By any chance, have you driven the Jeep a considerable amount yet after installing the new wheels? It takes time for the Jeep to relearn them. I know the UVS7051 works for JKs and early JLs, but like @kevman65 said double check if those are compatible with newer models.

Edit: I see you have a 2018. So back to my original question, have you driven yet? A JL needs a programmer to initiate the sensors but won't pick them up right away. If you've done that and still nothing, wrong sensors I guess 🤷‍♂️
Discount tire has the right reader for the brand, it wasn't able to relearn. Only thing I haven't tried is pulling the wire connections from the superchip and plugging back in to the gateway module. Then seeing if it can relearn. Otherwise I think your right that is the wrong sensors.

Upvote 0

duktrx

I put over 300 miles on my JK and they still were not connecting. Discount Tire was stumped, another customer overheard the conversation. He suggested completely airing the tires down and filling them to 40psi and then back to whatever I wanted to run them at. They apparently had a similar issue and that was what someone at a different shop told them to do. I'll be damned it worked.

Upvote 0

AegisFang

I put over 300 miles on my JK and they still were not connecting. Discount Tire was stumped, another customer overheard the conversation. He suggested completely airing the tires down and filling them to 40psi and then back to whatever I wanted to run them at. They apparently had a similar issue and that was what someone at a different shop told them to do. I'll be damned it worked.
Thx duk!

Upvote 0
Top Bottom