To my desert friends in Az

Ny in az

I just moved here and I noticed my jk is running a little hot on the ride home. Is that normal here? I replaced the pump hoses and thermostat before they left me on the side of the road. Burped the system and removed my winch for more air flow bit to no avail it’s still running hot. When I get off the highway the temp goes back to normal on the ride home. Any thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Automatic? An external trans cooler will help a bit. Also what are you using for coolant?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

It’s a 6 speed mopar coolant Running 37’s 488 gears 2012 sport unlimited

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

How much higher is it going? In Phoenix I wouldn’t even blink at 10-20 degrees over normal. It sounds like you’ve already improved airflow, have you cleaned the radiator from back forward to get any buildup or blockages out?

On older vehicles additives like engine ice or water wetter work pretty well to lower temps. I would do a lot of research first as new coolants do not play well with others and can wreck an engine. There’s also other coolants such as Evans waterless that may perform better. You don’t have any guard/ mesh inserts on the grille right? If you plan on staying there might even look at a vented hood to help heat escape.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Mine runs right in the center of the gauge. Unless I'm pulling a long hill, then it will creep upwards towards the 3/4 mark. I've never checked the actual temp numbers.

2015 JKU, Auto, 37's on beadlocks, 5.13's

If it's a 3.6 they always seem to run hot. I'm in Las Vegas and I'm usually running a little below 220° cruising down the road. When I'm slowly crawling I get to almost 240°.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom