To Moab or not to Moab?

2trackin

That is the question.
I recently threw up on Facebook a picture of Moab with a comment that I would like to make it out there someday.
A friend of mine replied that a friend of his is looking to head out there next Friday and has an extra spot on the trailer and just asking to split fuel costs.
As much as I would love to go.
It's on very short notice.
About 3600 miles of fuel to split plus costs once out there.
Risk of breakage - repair costs
I haven't sent in my federal tax payment yet.
But I already have to ok from the fiance.
I'm a bit torn. I have never been out west in the Jeep fashion that is.
I'm in Michigan by the way.
What would you do if put in my shoes with 5 days only to completely ready yourself for the trip?
My Rig-
2014 JK Rubicon 2 door
Factory axles (gusseted front)
Rock Krawler max travel 3.5"
Fox 2.0 reservoirs
37" Toyos on Slabs
Poison spyder bumpers
Decent winch
No additional armor

If you don't have sliders don't go.

Yeah I was thinking I may be lacking in that department. I am obviously not done with my build. Being a 2014 and all I've only had it a few months and I have done everything so far with only 500 miles on it. I now have just over 5k. Maybe I will just start saving and planning a trip for next year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

It all depends what trails you want to do. We took several bone stock rubicons last year and had no problems. A good time can still be had. Just don't go trying area bfe ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would go if I was. I have done several trails in Moab in. JKUR with the only mods being a 2.5 Teraflex BB, and a tub bumper. My JKUR was less then a month old when I took my First trip to Moab.

I do have a Rubicon. I still don't see the rubi rails as being very protective.
I have decided as cool as it would be to go out there. I'm going to better prepare myself and take a trip maybe next year.
Thanks for the input though guys.

I do have a Rubicon. I still don't see the rubi rails as being very protective.
I have decided as cool as it would be to go out there. I'm going to better prepare myself and take a trip maybe next year.
Thanks for the input though guys.

Just my 2 cents. I have dropped the full weight of a JKUR with very heavy after market front and rear bumpers on to the Rubi Rails few times I have scratch and carved groves into them and never had them bend or buckle, but also totally understand the want/need for rocker panel protection that aftermarket sliders give you. That's why after to trips to Moab I decided to have a hoop out on my Rubi Rails. They looked similar to the EVO sliders once they where done.

Since you are waiting till next year if I where you I. Would pick out what trails you think you want to run, and then work on adding what you think you need for those trails.

Rubi rails will be fine......go with it. But like said above better have place to stay. Im leaving Monday morning for Moab....can't wait

Just my 2 cents. I have dropped the full weight of a JKUR with very heavy after market front and rear bumpers on to the Rubi Rails few times I have scratch and carved groves into them and never had them bend or buckle, but also totally understand the want/need for rocker panel protection that aftermarket sliders give you. That's why after to trips to Moab I decided to have a hoop out on my Rubi Rails. They looked similar to the EVO sliders once they where done.

Since you are waiting till next year if I where you I. Would pick out what trails you think you want to run, and then work on adding what you think you need for those trails.

My body is all fucked up from my rubi rails. Maybe I was doing something wrong. :idon'tknow:

Top Bottom