Tire choice

Jake Wilson

Trying to decide on my next tire choice. I am strongly leaning towards Nitto Trail Grapplers but looking for any input on this.

FLKEYSJK

Great tire from what I've heard but I run Toyo Open Country MT's which are pretty much the same as the Trail Grapplers and I think they're awesome so far

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I am running 35" Trail Grapplers and I think these tires are the best around. That being said, I am in need of a new set and am back and forth between another set of TG's that i know are sick, or trying out the Mud Grapplers which I hear are sick. The Mud's I hear don't need balancing either, and thats why I'm kind of leaning towards those.

Happy Pickin

Jake Wilson

I am running 35" Trail Grapplers and I think these tires are the best around. That being said, I am in need of a new set and am back and forth between another set of TG's that i know are sick, or trying out the Mud Grapplers which I hear are sick. The Mud's I hear don't need balancing either, and thats why I'm kind of leaning towards those.

Happy Pickin

I heard the mud Grapplers wear out a lot easier

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I heard the mud Grapplers wear out a lot easier

That could be a concern, but I'm not really worried about tread life more about performance. However, I do know that my TG's needed balancing, and moving up to slabs it would be nice not to worry about balancing them.

rogerk93

I just ordered 37's toyo mt. I had bfg km2 and didn't like them too much. Heard plenty of good reviews about the toyo mt

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I don't see how you wouldn't have to balance a tire.

Eddie along with others on this forum have not yet had to balance a Mud Grappler. Thats literally what is swinging me towards purchasing them. I also hear they perform equally if not better than the Trail Grapplers. Only issue I have heard about is noise, which I am not too concerned about.

I just ordered 37's toyo mt. I had bfg km2 and didn't like them too much. Heard plenty of good reviews about the toyo mt

I love them. Being that my 35s are E rated, there a bit stiff on the road, but overall a badass high quality tire.

Albo

I'm on 35 X 12.5 mud grapplers. Love em. They have nearly 55k on them and still have a good bit of tread left. I believe the key to longevity with this tire is frequent rotation. I rotate every 5k and use my spare in rotation. I'm going to buy another set just like these when they wear out. Performs awesome Offroad. I looked hard at the trail grappler but I love the aggressive look of the MG.

Last edited:

rogerk93

I love them. Being that my 35s are E rated, there a bit stiff on the road, but overall a badass high quality tire.

I've heard that they are a stiffer tire, but I don't mind that. If I'm not mistaken the nittos are a little softer tire and will provide a smoother ride.

Albo

The mud grapplers are pretty loud but that is not a problem for me. I have a buddy with 35 trail grapplers and they are a lot quieter. I have not been wheeling with him yet so not sure how they compare Offroad.

Top Bottom