TIN CAMP - This is the Last One...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like another great property. May have to see about one of those RV spots...haha. That's my kind of place. Quiet and no one around. Congrats! Looks like between all your properties you'll have plenty to keep you busy.
Thank you and it'd be awesome if you did come out to visit with your trailer (y)
Very cool guys, that’s an extremely cool and scenic property. Be awesome to check that out someday. Love all the trees.
Thank you and we'd love to have you and your family out for a visit :)
This would be an epic multi day trip, start in idk middlegate station and end in your back yard??
Oh yeah, now that sounds like fun (y)
Congratulations, and thanks for sharing that place is RAD!

how far to the nearest power?

I ask because we lived on generator and hospital batteries/inverter for 3 years. Being off grid is cool and all but it sucked as a high school kid. LOL, I just had to move the original 2000 watt inverter the other day, that sucker is like 50 pounds and huge compared to modern stuff. It was one of the baddest inverters made for personal use in the 90’s.

Local utility wanted $36K originally to run power 1/2 mile. It had to be underground due to restrictions that were part of the property purchase. We eventually talked them down to $18K by doing the trench and conduit ourselves, and the final bill was actually only $9K because we worked as laborers during the install.
Thank you. The nearest power is across the highway and down a bit from the corner of our property line. We were told by the previous owner that it would cost about $60k to bring a line in. However, after reading about your experience, I'm starting to wonder if we might be able to do something like that too. Still like the idea of solar but would rather have it as a back-up then a primary source. I really appreciate your insight on this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow what an amazing piece of property. Congratulations such spectacular views and all the buildings look to be in good condition. Looks like you really found a special place.
Thank you. This is the kind of place that Cindy and I have always dreamed of having. We're even happy that it could use some TLC as that way, we can make it ours.
Looks like a wonderful piece of heaven! Congrats!!
Thank you. We figured we weren't getting any younger and needed to do this before we got too old for it.
Congrats to you and Cindy. I’d be lying to say I wasn’t a bit envious. You guys truly are living life to the fullest. 🤙😎🥃🥃 Look forward to seeing your adventures at, starting from, or ending at tin camp. With all these properties, the challenge will be how to divide your time. Ha ha.
LOL and thank you. We'll most likely sell Topaz being that it was always intended to be an investment property. Would love to build a nice barndominium out in Pizen and then sell Carson City. That way, we'd just have the 3 to take care of and enjoy.
Love it! Congrats on another awesome property!! Hope to visit it someday soon!
Thank you and it'd be great to have you out there :)

pewpew82

Caught the Bug
Congrats on your purchase of an amazing location.

I would have the range in before I stay the first night. ;)

After my kids graduate, my wife and I (mostly me) plan to go off grid completely.

That looks like an amazing place to do it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now that is bad ass! Best one of your recent purchases yet, for sure. Congratulations you two!
Well, it's certainly one of the most remote and for that, we love it! 😁
Where is the firing range going?
LOL - funny you should say because we've been scoping some out. Want one for pistol and rifle and trap 😁
Of all the properties you’ve showcased, this is my favorite. Yes, I’m envious.

Congratulations and well done!
Thank you. We really love it out there.
Such an awesome piece of land.
Thank you. Look forward to the day and you and your family can come out for a visit :)

Sylvester

Thank you and it'd be awesome if you did come out to visit with your trailer (y)

Thank you and we'd love to have you and your family out for a visit :)

Oh yeah, now that sounds like fun (y)

Thank you. The nearest power is across the highway and down a bit from the corner of our property line. We were told by the previous owner that it would cost about $60k to bring a line in. However, after reading about your experience, I'm starting to wonder if we might be able to do something like that too. Still like the idea of solar but would rather have it as a back-up then a primary source. I really appreciate your insight on this.
Put in Electric last year in 2022 they started at 28,000.00 by the end of 2022 He was at 14,500, in May of 2023 I called and asked for a New Engineer She had it done for 12,250.00. 3 poles They did all the Labor and work

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty damn awesome…
Thank you :)
Amazing views' Great pic's! congratultations!
Thank you. The views really are to die for. We love it.
Congratulations! Beautiful piece of land!
Thank you. We feel fortunate to have found it and for being able to buy it.
that's amazing I really like that area - NO PEOPLE. even Great Basin only get a few visitors comapred to some other parks. sweet
The NO PEOPLE is definitely a big part of why we wanted this place. We do have one neighbor but they're across the highway and you literally can't see them once you're through our gate. Love it!
Congrats on your purchase of an amazing location.

I would have the range in before I stay the first night. ;)

After my kids graduate, my wife and I (mostly me) plan to go off grid completely.

That looks like an amazing place to do it.
LOL - a man with priorities (y)

Hope you're able to get what you're wanting and soon :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Put in Electric last year in 2022 they started at 28,000.00 by the end of 2022 He was at 14,500, in May of 2023 I called and asked for a New Engineer She had it done for 12,250.00. 3 poles They did all the Labor and work
WOW!! That is great news and definitely something I'll have to look into. I'm quite sure that the $60k I was told was from a few years back. I'd be super happy to hear it's less now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With a BIG THANKS to WJCO and all his research, we bought a Tactacam Reveal X Pro game camera and with cell service so that we could have eyes out here. And, I have to say that we've been extremely happy with it especially being that we get to see all kinds of cool things and on a daily basis. I should note, there is zero Verizon service out here and very little ATT but enough for us to get it to work for us. Anyway, here are a few clips that we've been able to get with it. Oh, and please don't mind the date and time showing as it needs to be set on the camera and I haven't done that yet.

This is one of the very first videos that we got soon after setting up the cam.

This is one that we got in the early morning hours and you can see how well the cam handles low lighting.

Here's a couple after it snowed and late in the afternoon.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few shots from our most recent visit to check up on things and to make sure our winterizing efforts held up.

20240110151158-0786c726.jpg

20240110151156-69e0b26e.jpg

20240110151151-bd0594ea.jpg

20240110151141-663ff85d.jpg

20240110151138-7b51d149.jpg

kevman65

Hooked
Great looking place!!

You've already answered the deer question.

Mountain goats in that area? Wolves? Bears?

Bet Ripley can't wait to herd up the deer, she already knows they're there.

Just wow!! That is certainly a dream. Congrats to the both of you. Let us know when the property across the highway is for sale.

My kids wont mind no internet........maybe

With a BIG THANKS to WJCO and all his research, we bought a Tactacam Reveal X Pro game camera and with cell service so that we could have eyes out here. And, I have to say that we've been extremely happy with it especially being that we get to see all kinds of cool things and on a daily basis. I should note, there is zero Verizon service out here and very little ATT but enough for us to get it to work for us. Anyway, here are a few clips that we've been able to get with it. Oh, and please don't mind the date and time showing as it needs to be set on the camera and I haven't done that yet.

This is one of the very first videos that we got soon after setting up the cam.

This is one that we got in the early morning hours and you can see how well the cam handles low lighting.

Here's a couple after it snowed and late in the afternoon.

Wow, that’s really cool. Not only do you get to watch the wildlife you get Free mowing and fertilizing! 😂

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great looking place!!

You've already answered the deer question.

Mountain goats in that area? Wolves? Bears?

Bet Ripley can't wait to herd up the deer, she already knows they're there.
Thanks! Tons of deer as you can see and elk as well. No mountain goats or wolves and surprisingly, no bears. There are coyotes and mountain lions though.
Hmmmm we'd seriously be interested in this. We've been wanting out of Cali for some time and Carson City is a place we've been interested in. Just sayin....haha.
LOL
Just wow!! That is certainly a dream. Congrats to the both of you. Let us know when the property across the highway is for sale.

My kids wont mind no internet........maybe
Thank you and if you really want internet, there's always Starlink 🤪
Man those are some amazing views.
They really are nice :)

Top Bottom