Third time is a charm

Things gonna be killer! Hell of a job my friend! Sounds as badass as your job putting it all together looks. I can only dream about a Motech swap as of now...

Bierpower

Hooked
So we stayed up Saturday night and got the jeep all tied up. I have a few lights on that I need to call about but everything seems to be running good. Some of the adaptive values and vehicle speed in the computer need to be set for transmission shifts but it goes like a bat out of hell so no complaints.

Bierpower

Hooked
Made it across the state and right to the base of engineer pass when the jeep threw the serpentine belt. Ran back to town and got a new one and we'll try again in the morning.

WJCO

Meme King
Made it across the state and right to the base of engineer pass when the jeep threw the serpentine belt. Ran back to town and got a new one and we'll try again in the morning.
That sucks. What do you think caused it?

Bierpower

Hooked
That sucks. What do you think caused it?
Not sure at this point. I swapped out an idler pulley yesterday and may have missed a belt rib. If that's not it I may not have gotten the power steering pump lined up. It odd because it split the belt in half but never broke it.

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure at this point. I swapped out an idler pulley yesterday and may have missed a belt rib. If that's not it I may not have gotten the power steering pump lined up. It odd because it split the belt in half but never broke it.
Sure seems strange for that low of mileage. Sounds like something isn't lined up or there's a burr on a pulley. Hope you get it figured out. Sweet that the motor took you that far though.

Bierpower

Hooked
I had a spare belt that just omits the power steering so we threw that on and got it parked. I think the P/S was out of alignment. We did a trail fix and hopefully it's good until I get home. I did get two belt when we went to the store just in case though.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I drove it to work a couple of days but at some point you have to test it at what it was built for. I did find a couple things that need addressing but for the most part it did everything without a hitch.
You have some serious skills. I have to image all that extra power at high elevation is amazing

boardsurfer

Couple questions. The GM ecu isnt needed right? It gets replaced by the mocan unit and links into the factory jeep computer?

Also how's the 10 speed compared to what your previous jeep had?

Top Bottom