The long and slow build of "................"

10abadilla/jk

If you look at your drag link, you'll notice toward the passenger end, that it is curved. This is for clearance when you turn right.

Any drag link that you buy that is solid at this location (with no adjustable end) must have that same curve going in the same direction. A lot of aftermarket ones have a threaded end down there, so those types work either way, you can run those style below or above the knuckle. So depends on what style you get.

Picture of OEM one and FLIPPED style, curve is in different directions.

View attachment 273735

View attachment 273736
Makes complete sense. Thank you for the pictures. I think I'm going to go with the currie. Looks like it will work out well. 20170823_100056.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

You won't be disappointed. Installed their kit with the tie rod and drag link a short time ago. Took a beating on the rocks and came through straight as an arrow!

20170806_192826.jpg
20170806_192816.jpg

Also, the steering on the rocks was better even with my steering box being on it's last legs. I'm guessing it's because the new drag link doesn't flex as easily as the factory.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

The Rancho knuckles require a flipped drag link. But no insert required, the knuckle is already machined for high steer.
Well, there you go. Guess I'll be spending another couple hundred if I decide to go that way, then. 😬

In any case, my current setup didn't require a flip, so I went with the factory.

10abadilla/jk

You won't be disappointed. Installed their kit with the tie rod and drag link a short time ago. Took a beating on the rocks and came through straight as an arrow!

View attachment 273738
View attachment 273739

Also, the steering on the rocks was better even with my steering box being on it's last legs. I'm guessing it's because the new drag link doesn't flex as easily as the factory.

I'm going to hold off on the tie rod for now. I didn't see any movements in the tie rod.

10abadilla/jk

Lol. Yeah, that's pretty much how all my steering components looked, including ball joints, but worse. It'll be like you're driving a new Jeep when you're done. 👍

Haha I hope so. I've heard good things about the currectlync. I'll probably stick with the stock tie rod until it goes out. But I'll be running the core 4x4 track bar I've had for a while and currie drag link. That should tighten it up a bit. I know I need to adjust my pinion angle a bit. Other then that the front end is almost complete until I need a new axle haha.

10abadilla/jk

I got the drag link is last night. So far I am impressed with it. Ball joint ends are a lot beefier then the oem crown and they have zerk fittings. Definitely tightened up the steering. I will be getting the currectlync tie rod after I get my rear control arms. Unless the need comes sooner.
This is the crown drag link.
20170825_193329.jpg
This is the currie drag link installed.
20170826_120435.jpg 20170826_120427.jpg 20170826_120417.jpg 20170826_120410.jpg

BaddestCross

I got the drag link is last night. So far I am impressed with it. Ball joint ends are a lot beefier then the oem crown and they have zerk fittings. Definitely tightened up the steering. I will be getting the currectlync tie rod after I get my rear control arms. Unless the need comes sooner.
This is the crown drag link.
View attachment 274119
This is the currie drag link installed.
View attachment 274120 View attachment 274121 View attachment 274122 View attachment 274123

Told ya you'd be happy with it! 😎 I'm probably gonna go ahead and get their front and rear adjustable track bars to have a matching set of everything. I keep telling myself I've got to stop spending money on stuff until I get the driveshafts and regear done but dammit it's tough. 😂😂

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

10abadilla/jk

Told ya you'd be happy with it! 😎 I'm probably gonna go ahead and get their front and rear adjustable track bars to have a matching set of everything. I keep telling myself I've got to stop spending money on stuff until I get the driveshafts and regear done but dammit it's tough. 😂😂

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Yes! Very happy. I'm going to stick to core 4x4 control arms but definitely will get curries tie rod when the time comes. I know what you mean about stop spending. I can't seem to ever be done haha. Every time I tell my wife that's it for now I tend to spend on something else. Let's be honest. I'll never be done haha.

10abadilla/jk

Ok........ As in shock as I still am I think it's time for me to say thank you to you all for all the help, tips, and information. I became part of family. Like a long distant relative type family haha. But none the less you were all there and quick to help. I had great adventures and trips with many members on this forum. All this being said I'm posting this to say I traded in my jeep today. The reason may be more then some of you can fathom. But those of you with a family may relate. Finances a long with ever changing life brought us to this point. This is a step I took in hopes to better my family. We purchased a 2017 Ram 1500. Here is the picture we took tonight. 20170901_200142.jpg
We needed this for many reasons one it to support another part of life we love and that's the "ranch life." we needed something that can tow a horse trailer haul feed and misc ranch items but with enough room for my family. Now this may be a lot to ask being that I no longer have a jeep. But I was wondering if I could be allowed to still fly the wayalife banner on my front windshield because I do still support this forum and hope to be apart of it again one day. I'm looking into jeeps already haha. Not one model in particular. But a jeep. Now I do have some items I am getting rid of at the right price.
Daystar 3/4in coil spacers. 20170901_221551.jpg
Besttop soft top window case. Along with a full set of clear Windows. 20170901_221633.jpg
I'm sure there are a lot more items here and there I have to gather up. But that's what I have gathered up at this moment. Again thank you all. I'll peak in from time to time and give advise and tips where I can if that's ok.

Top Bottom