The Escalator - Hell's Revenge - Moab, UT

bhaner

Question for the group. Anyone here been able to get up The Escalator in a 4 door?

I have tried twice now and haven't been able to pull it off.

Just curious.

I know it can be done. I just haven't quite figured it out yet.

DJI_0085.jpg

It’s all about the line like we saw on those videos. So many memories from that trip [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I seen video of a couple of four doors doing it, but they were skinny rigs with no stance.

I think this is one of the few obstacles where wider is not better.

I seen video of a couple of four doors doing it, but they were skinny rigs with no stance.

I think this is one of the few obstacles where wider is not better.

I have one video of a guy on 41.5 pitbulls that is about 2" wider than I am. He made it easy.

Watched a video of Lite Brite doing it. They tried the line I did last time (high to the passenger side) but backed out because they thought it was going to roll. Then somehow drove right out of it.

Both times I have tried I end up in the same spot winching out. Once I get in the hole I am there...

I was just watching some of the videos from the trip... At one point the comment as I was rocking side to side on only two diagonal tires... "He's like a ballerina". :cheesy:

I'm ready to try it, after a couple of videos I seen.

Maybe I will get a chance and let you guys know.

Those videos just don’t do it justice how vertical and off camber that is

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I made it in my rig. Dont have any pics on my phone as I was driving but ill see if I can get sny from the guys I was with. First line I fell in the hole with passenger rear and was looking at the sky. Backed up and went more passenger with tires on that wall and rode it out.

I also tried this in my rig (lvl kit, 35s on stock wheels). I made the first part easily, the second part, spotter told me go driver and got stuck same spot youre in. I knew I shoulda listened to my gut and stuck passenger. If it wasn’t for that, I would of made it easily. Instead got stuck with the nose of the Jeep in the air and having a fume fest from my oil hitting the exhaust and Jeep shut off. had to get winched out also.

Top Bottom