The building of Bison

wjtstudios

Hooked
Best part of my day.

IMG_5487.jpg

35 degrees and sunny, but had to take it out and get a feel for the cage with the top open. Definitely feel a bit more enclosed, but not terribly. The satin finish on the cage sparkles, but never was blinding. Definitely happy with this upgrade

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Elroy231

Best part of my day.

View attachment 360080

35 degrees and sunny, but had to take it out and get a feel for the cage with the top open. Definitely feel a bit more enclosed, but not terribly. The satin finish on the cage sparkles, but never was blinding. Definitely happy with this upgrade

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Can't pass up that first opportunity to feel things out in the sunshine!! Glad you like it. Stylin and safe! Equipped for about any challenge. Bison is in my tops!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Getting Bison trail ready for this year, I swapped out springs today on the COs. Fronts went from 250/250 with 3-3.5” of preload to 250/300s with 1.5-2.5” of preload. The rears went from 250/300 with 2.5” of preload to 300/350 with 1.5” of preload and in total gained about 1” in height. I also adjusted the front upper arms to gain a bit more clearance on the drag link track bar area. They liked to touch at full stuff. It also straightened out my pinion angle a bit better. It’s getting dialed in now!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Best part of my day.

View attachment 360080

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Lol, did you take out your rearview mirror too? Couldn't see shit from mine so it went away last year.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Lol, did you take out your rearview mirror too? Couldn't see shit from mine so it went away last year.

I did delete the rear view mirror and relocated the rear view camera up where the spod used to be. It really opens up the view thru the windshield

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

I did delete the rear view mirror and relocated the rear view camera up where the spod used to be. It really opens up the view thru the windshield

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Was there any I'll effects from removing the mirror? I have the same camera system, and was thinking about doing it, but was worried something else might quit working if I did.

I would love to get rid of the view blocker.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Was there any I'll effects from removing the mirror? I have the same camera system, and was thinking about doing it, but was worried something else might quit working if I did.

I would love to get rid of the view blocker.

Post a pict. I like that idea.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_5488.jpg

For me, there were no ill effects doing the relocation. Years ago I had replaced the OEM Mirror with an aftermarket one that a back up camera in the corner and wired it so it was always on when the ignition is on. I wanted a bigger view (so I don’t back into trees on the trail) and found a full screen version on Amazon and hard mounted to the Spod mount that I had floating around that wasn’t being used. It really opens up the windshield view.

Don’t mind the disaster of a garage in the camera view [emoji15]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Thanks Bill

That's probably the best use there is for the shit pod mount.

Oh, as for the garage, I hope one day to get mine cleaned up to your "disaster" level.🤣🤣

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks Bill

That's probably the best use there is for the shit pod mount.

Oh, as for the garage, I hope one day to get mine cleaned up to your "disaster" level.🤣🤣

It really is!

It’s driving me crazy. After church, I’m on a mission the rest of the day!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
A big shout out to Best top. The rear bow of the trek top broke at the weld.

IMG_5450.jpg

I sent that picture to them on Wednesday with proof of purchase and five days later a new bow showed up free of charge. The didn’t even respond to my email where I offer to buy a replacement!!

IMG_5519.jpg

Great company [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
That's awesome they sent that to you. I helped my brother & sister in law install their new Trektop over the weekend. What a pain in the ass. It sat in their barn so the top was like 20 degrees. Ugh, I thought I was gonna break those plastic clip thingies that slide under the rails. :crazyeyes: Turned out nice though. Thank goodness they got the Black Twill top. So much nicer than the plain plastic.

wjtstudios

Hooked
That's awesome they sent that to you. I helped my brother & sister in law install their new Trektop over the weekend. What a pain in the ass. It sat in their barn so the top was like 20 degrees. Ugh, I thought I was gonna break those plastic clip thingies that slide under the rails. :crazyeyes: Turned out nice though. Thank goodness they got the Black Twill top. So much nicer than the plain plastic.

It is worth it, for sure. Now, just need those twill uppers [emoji848]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom