The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

JKbrick

All of the bumpstops are in! Got to the last one (rear passenger side) and it looks like the bumpstop will contact the rear upper track bar bracket and actually it looks like it has made contact in the past... View attachment 307498
Is my axle too far back?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Are your rear arms all stock? It should line up. The rear springs are easy to pop out, I would remove them with the frame up on jack stands and jack up the axle and see where it lands

sipafz

Caught the Bug
All of the bumpstops are in! Got to the last one (rear passenger side) and it looks like the bumpstop will contact the rear upper track bar bracket and actually it looks like it has made contact in the past... View attachment 307498
Is my axle too far back?

Looks like it might be mis-aligned. You have to remember that the axel moves on an arc. Your extensions move the contact zone straight up. The bump may contact the edge of the extension instead of landing on the top since it’s so tall. Like Jkbrick mentioned, I would either remove the spring and use a jack to test or find a ditch that you can carefully flex in so you can verify the bump landing.

Those stops look awfully small in diameter. Most rear stops are larger diameter or rectangular in shape. Did they come with your kit?

Jsouder53

Hooked
Are your rear arms all stock? It should line up. The rear springs are easy to pop out, I would remove them with the frame up on jack stands and jack up the axle and see where it lands

My arms came with a rough country lift and are adjustable, I went with all of the measurements they gave me and have not touched them since.

I’ll give that a try if flexing in the ditch doesn’t show how it lines up.

Looks like it might be mis-aligned. You have to remember that the axel moves on an arc. Your extensions move the contact zone straight up. The bump may contact the edge of the extension instead of landing on the top since it’s so tall. Like Jkbrick mentioned, I would either remove the spring and use a jack to test or find a ditch that you can carefully flex in so you can verify the bump landing.

Those stops look awfully small in diameter. Most rear stops are larger diameter or rectangular in shape. Did they come with your kit?

The bumpstops I just got from Exodus Jeeps, they are Clayton Off-Road. I do have a ditch in front of my driveway I might try one of these days.

With the axle moving at an arc I would think it would move back slightly and make contact.

I can’t wait till next summer when Off Road Evolution takes care of all my suspension issues [emoji23]

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just a thought... if the money is available when I go to ORE to re gear, I might upgrade my rear drive shaft. I’ve already changed out the front drive shaft to a rugged ridge when I lifted the Jeep. I am thinking of a 1350 Adams Driveshaft. My question is, should I go with the extreme duty solid u joint?

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Just a thought... if the money is available when I go to ORE to re gear, I might upgrade my rear drive shaft. I’ve already changed out the front drive shaft to a rugged ridge when I lifted the Jeep. I am thinking of a 1350 Adams Driveshaft. My question is, should I go with the extreme duty solid u joint?

I did mainly because I know how bad I am when it comes to greasing stuff. 🙄

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Jsouder53

Hooked
Jason0311 invited me out on a trail ride today up to some lakes, it’s the most rocks that Bearbait has ever seen! Actually putting the skid plates and rock rails to use!
Image1534124923.164415.jpg Image1534124939.615342.jpg Image1534124955.272093.jpg Image1534124972.157922.jpg Image1534124988.657760.jpg Image1534125332.971446.jpg
Found out that I need to flip my track bar bolt around as well Image1534125518.128571.jpg

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Awesome pictures, there’s nothing better than putting all that hard work on the rig out on the trail and watching it preform better that you thought it ever could have!

Jsouder53

Hooked
Looks amazing there!

It is absolutely amazing! I want to take my canoe up to that lake 🛶

It looks so beautiful there and unpopulated, so jealous. I’m with you the more I drive the Jeep the more comfortable I am in its abilities

It is absolutely beautiful [emoji106] we only saw a couple others that were camping on the trail. My main area of discomfort was being off camber while on rocks, especially when leaning towards a drop and slope.

Awesome pictures, there’s nothing better than putting all that hard work on the rig out on the trail and watching it preform better that you thought it ever could have!

Thank you! And it’s really the first time I’ve put it to a test... I’ve been to off road parks that really weren’t any kind of challenge compared to this!

wjtstudios

Hooked
It is absolutely amazing! I want to take my canoe up to that lake 🛶

It is absolutely beautiful [emoji106] we only saw a couple others that were camping on the trail. My main area of discomfort was being off camber while on rocks, especially when leaning towards a drop and slope.

Thank you! And it’s really the first time I’ve put it to a test... I’ve been to off road parks that really weren’t any kind of challenge compared to this!

Trails are so much better than parks. On top of better terrain, the best part is you are actually going somewhere. Not just around a park from one obstacle to another.

Top Bottom