The Baxter Spin On Filter Conversion for Pentastar 3.6

Lunentucker

This thing looks interesting.
I would consider even just for getting the service point away from the fragile plastic cooler housing.
If I did have to replace the cooler assembly, I would definitely upgrade to aluminum and add this for a complete fix.

Edit - LOL

Last edited:

Lunentucker

Northridge blows.

LOL. OK.
Well

kevman65

Hooked
I've seen the product around. I don't really see the need for Joe Average Jeep Owner.

The concern about "dry starts" is someones marketing scheme. Most vehicles since forever have a dry start until the oil pump kicks in.
Lubrication technology has come miles to prevent a totally dry rotating system. There is a film on everything internally ( and some externally ) to aid in the dry start.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen the product around. I don't really see the need for Joe Average Jeep Owner.

The concern about "dry starts" is someones marketing scheme. Most vehicles since forever have a dry start until the oil pump kicks in.
Lubrication technology has come miles to prevent a totally dry rotating system. There is a film on everything internally ( and some externally ) to aid in the dry start.
Gotta love how effective social media whores are these days at pimping shit you really don't need.

SeaSharp

Isn't there something related to the JKU's oil system that is plastic and will eventually fail that should be replaced? Is this that part that's not needed or different one?

jeeeep

Hooked
how many of these high performance 3.6 Jeep engines have failed from "dry starts"? lol

I'd say it's the poor design of the oil cooler housing that causes failure if allowed to leak long enough.

I've done an oil change in a parking lot, don't want to fuck around with another step to do an oil change.

TheGrendel

really the only thing this potentially solves is not having to worry about overtorqueing and breaking the stupid plastic oil cooler housing.

Top Bottom