TeraFlex : If it Breaks, It's Your Fault

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I think you should make a commercial in the spirit of the asbestos litigation firms...

"Have you or your loved ones purchased a TF tire carrier? Have you been accused of wrongful installation? Have you worried while driving behind one of the freeway? Perhaps after a trail run? Then call us at the Sharkey law firm....."

:cheesy:

Lol. No thanks. On second thought, "Big Belly Barristers" does have a ring to it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It is always fascinating the reaction of people (the WAL/Eddie haters) when the truth is told to them. Just how they refuse to believe it after sufficient evidence and all. Human behavior sure can be weird. :crazyeyes:

eh, they're just fanboys. To acknowledge what I might have to share as being true would be to put their manhood in question.

Jackal01

eh, they're just fanboys. To acknowledge what I might have to share as being true would be to put their manhood in question.

Right. I would just think that at some point they would admit to it that is is not a top-notch product. Especially after something like this which could potentially kill someone. Oh well. At least those of us that do not have won't have that weighing on our minds. :thumb:

Tigrcky

It's sad if they s product kills someone then it will be blamed on the installers and whomever claimed it was unsafe, I could forsee teraflex attempting to sue the victim for slander

Sent from my whatchamacallit

jesse3638

Hooked
It sucks that they feel the need to blame the end user rather than admit their fault and send the carrier back to the drawing board to make it right. Isn't that what most companies do, if there is a problem with their product they stand behind then do whats needed to fix it? I'm happy with my LoD bumper and carrier. When I called last week because the U-bold had broken they were quick to let me know they'd have another rushed to me and at no charge. Not blame me for installing it wrong or anything like that. I'm sure if they had felt there was some sort of operator error they would have suggested ways to prevent it from happening again not send me the part and say it was probably my fault buy they'll help anyways. The sense of entitlement is spreading as fast as the ebola virus these days..:crazyeyes: (Too soon?) and its a shame its now affecting retail. What ever happened to the mantra "The Customer is Always Right"?

jmatta33

has it ever occured to these fanboys that Eddie supports his vendors because they all make the best products in their respective fields? I wouldnt want teraflex to be a vendor on a forum I created no matter how much they offer. Id just as soon shut the forum down.

RLTW!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What cracks me up is that all these haters try to make this into money and, if that were true, what kind of business sense would it make for me to highlight flaws in a potential customer's products. I mean, the smart thing to do would be to blow sunshine up their ass and do whatever I could to show how advertising with us would be beneficial to them. :idontknow:

In spite of what the haters say, I would just assume go broke paying for this forum out of my pocket than to have to hold my tongue just for a buck. And, there is NO WAY I would ever take the money of a manufacturer or vendor that I didn't believe in or at least trusted to be a stand up company.

jmatta33

In spite of what the haters say, I would just assume go broke paying for this forum out of my pocket than to have to hold my tongue just for a buck. And, there is NO WAY I would ever take the money of a manufacturer or vendor that I didn't believe in or at least trusted to be a stand up company.

Too bad everyone doesnt think like this. Forums that support manufactures like this and guys like Robert Basil are in it for one thing and it has nothing to do with Jeeps and everything to do with their wallets.

RLTW!!!

JAGS

Hooked
I mean, the smart thing to do would be to blow sunshine up their ass and do whatever I could to show how advertising with us would be beneficial to them. :idontknow:

This is what they do over on JKF because TF is a sponsor. They bury any "issues" of the carrier and make quick work to get out replacement product. But if someone would actually take the time to read through the 600 posts or whatever it is now, there are (were) reports of issues on that forum and other online comments dating back to the initial release of the carrier. Not all are breaks. Some are bad alignment, warped hinge, rust, breaks, etc, etc.

I know this because I was actually looking at this carrier when it first came out. After seeing one of the first reported breaks first hand at KOH I really started looking into it. There are lots of reported issues to be found.

The fact you (Wayoflife) don't choose to bury/hide them, makes you an easy target. TF Fan boys and the usual suspects of trolls are getting caught up in the easy target component.

The one part that I like is all this only increases the awareness. After all the paid ads, your tire carrier thread is listed 5-6 on the first page of search. :thumb: This too probably fuels TFs fire of hatred. ;)

SDG

Caught the Bug
After all the paid ads, your tire carrier thread is listed 5-6 on the first page of search. :thumb: This too probably fuels TFs fire of hatred. ;)

Gotta love the google. Would love to see the TF adwords page...

Things like Teraflex tire carrier break etc..

If people would carfully construct their comments regarding teraflex tire carriers breaking, and teraflex product reliability resulting in poor customer reviews of teraflex products... I am sure it could be pushed higher.

LoPo

Caught the Bug

If people would carfully construct their comments regarding teraflex tire carriers breaking, and teraflex product reliability resulting in poor customer reviews of teraflex products... I am sure it could be pushed higher.

Well google is autofilling based on frequently searched terms and relation. :yup:

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 1.28.49 PM.png

JAGS

Hooked

Well, to be fair I was noting straight "TeraFlex Tire Carrier" search results. That's where adwords and install vids will generally come up. Gotta love that Google owns Youtube. ;)

If one were to search "TF Carrier Breaks" or simply "TF Carrier Problem" then Wayalife comes up number 1. I was afraid Eddie would get to big of a head if I mentioned this though. :cheesy:

Last edited:

swazza94

Bad way to represent your company! What ever happened to admitting your wrong fixing the problem so your PAYING customer's come back!:doh:

rich67

Caught the Bug
Due to this thread I made it a point to check my tire carrier (Shittybilt). It has been on my JK for about 2 years along with front bumper, wench & side rails. I do trail my JK & Shittybilt is on my rig due to the deal of a life time. I do know that Shittybilt does not have the best reputation among Jeepers & there are things that I personally do not like about their products myself. With that said; all appeared to be good with my tire carrier (no cracks found). I am not ass hurt at all about someone informing me if there is a problem with a product that could get someone killed. If you know something that I need to know about any dangers of any Shittybilt products that I have; please let me know. I will be checking out the rest of my stuff today. Thanks Eddie for the info that you provide here.
:thankyou:
I'm one of those people who are on a strict budget, but I don't like to cut too many corners. I give every company a shot, but tend to shy away from their products if I see they don't stand up for the customer. Smitty has not disappointed me when it comes to grab handles and minor parts, but I was really disappointed with their bikini top. The cheap plastics almost broke upon install, and I returned it immediately, but there was no blame or questions asked. I am going to give them another shot with their winch, because I can't fork out a grand for one. I haven't seen a lot of negatives about their winches-- only time will tell. But I can tell you if a company doesn't stand by their product and blames "user error" on any failures, they can kiss my a**. I have no respect for anyone who hires a rep who has that mentality also. I think Teraflex could have turned this whole thing around by simply stating, "Teraflex is greatly concerned for any potential failures involving our tire carrier, and we will do our best to address the situation on a case-by-case basis after analyzing all the facts". Someone needs some lessons in social media verbal judo.

KingCopperhead

I'm one of those people who are on a strict budget, but I don't like to cut too many corners. I give every company a shot, but tend to shy away from their products if I see they don't stand up for the customer. Smitty has not disappointed me when it comes to grab handles and minor parts, but I was really disappointed with their bikini top. The cheap plastics almost broke upon install, and I returned it immediately, but there was no blame or questions asked. I am going to give them another shot with their winch, because I can't fork out a grand for one. I haven't seen a lot of negatives about their winches-- only time will tell. But I can tell you if a company doesn't stand by their product and blames "user error" on any failures, they can kiss my a**. I have no respect for anyone who hires a rep who has that mentality also. I think Teraflex could have turned this whole thing around by simply stating, "Teraflex is greatly concerned for any potential failures involving our tire carrier, and we will do our best to address the situation on a case-by-case basis after analyzing all the facts". Someone needs some lessons in social media verbal judo.
Maybe they just got too comfortable. They've been around a while now. When I bought my jeep with a mopar/teraflex lift installed (stupid I know) I hadn't researched jk lifts much, but I DID remember how well the teraflex lifts were praised when the TJ came out years ago. The brand recognition sold me and made me feel comfortable. Unfortunately the TJ boom was 15 years ago and a lot can change.

My guess is in their minds they're teraflex, they've been in the game a long time and they don't have to listen to their buyers, which is a shame. They won't see another dime from me, and I'm not even unhappy with the teraflex components on my JK. Just their response alone from this incident will cost them any future business from me.

hogtyed

Don't think you need to worry about your shittybuilt parts killing anyone. They are just not liked due to poor quality and fit. When it's made in China, you can expect crap metal, welds, powder coat, assembly, fit and finish. But if you already have the products and they work fine for you, then keep using them till they either rust away or fall apart from use.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Brandon, makes me feel a little better.:thankyou:

~Wayne~

Last edited:
Top Bottom