Switchover to 2024 production?

CdnJeepDan

Anyone have an inside track on when Wrangler factory production is expected to close the order book on 2023s and switch over to taking 2024 model year orders?

My '08s getting pretty long in the tooth and I'm kind of weird in that I only buy even year vehicles. ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have an inside track on when Wrangler factory production is expected to close the order book on 2023s and switch over to taking 2024 model year orders?

My '08s getting pretty long in the tooth and I'm kind of weird in that I only buy even year vehicles. ;)
Typically, books close on current model year vehicles by the beginning of summer.

Is this the year that they switch to electric motors?

CdnJeepDan

Huh. Interesting. The dealer told me they'd heard rumors the plant would be stopping 2023 orders by either end of the month or early April but that's a dealer so who knows if that's an "order today or miss out" tactic.

I have been strongly considering a 4xe since a similarly kitted out JLU Rubicon with just the 3.6l actually builds out to cost more up here. The 4xe was an absolute hoot on the test drive but I have concerns with the 4xe's performance through Winnipeg winters since we easily range -20C to -30C for long stretches at a time. The posts regarding the overly aggressive 4xe FORM mode are concerning as well.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Huh. Interesting. The dealer told me they'd rumors heard the plant would be stopping 2023 orders by either end of the month or early April but that's a dealer so who knows if that's an "order today or miss out" tactic.

I have been strongly considering a 4xe since a similarly kitted out JLU Rubicon with just the 3.6l actually builds out to cost more up here. The 4xe was an absolute hoot on the test drive but I have concerns with the 4xe's performance through Winnipeg winters since we easily range -20C to -30C for long stretches at a time. The posts regarding the overly aggressive 4xe FORM mode are concerning as well.
Your dealer could be right. 2023 is the year of the refresh so I could see how they might stop current production sooner to help make the shift over to the new tooling.

CdnJeepDan

Alrighty. Guess I'll go into wait and see mode for a bit. Curious to see what the refresh brings about. Thanks for the inputs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Alrighty. Guess I'll go into wait and see mode for a bit. Curious to see what the refresh brings about. Thanks for the inputs.
It is my understanding that after Stellantis purchased FCA, a LOT of cuts and changes were made to the Wrangler refresh. Even in the best of years, most of the changes are cosmetic and from what I have seen, not even all that much this time around.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I know GM will be switching over to 24 orders by end of April/early May. Should be seeing the new HD trucks showing up sooner than later. I assume Jeep will be doing the same

CalSgt

Hooked

I’m curious if the 4xe will drain the batteries to keep at temp like the Tesla’s do. A friend of mine’s uncle took his new Tesla on a ski trip, when the parked at the slopes the batteries were at 75 percent or so. After a long day on the slopes they jumped in to head back down to the Sacramento valley and there was only 20 % left.

lithium batteries don’t like being charged or used if they are below 34 degrees (IIRC) so the car keeps them warm

Jackboeker83

The more I look at where Jeep is going, the more I feel lucky that I purchased my 2023 JLUR diesel. Yes, diesel is high right now but I know this engine will last forever if I take care of it and I won’t have a hard time finding someone to work on it.

So everyone and their mother on the internet is saying along with the refresh changes. The 392 will in fact carry over for 2024.

It’s hard to believe Jeep will keep the v8 but not the chargers and challengers. And of course dealerships don’t know or care to provide info for 2024 when they can’t even sell the 22’s rotting on the lot.

really hoping the 392 keeps on keeping on…

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So everyone and their mother on the internet is saying along with the refresh changes. The 392 will in fact carry over for 2024.

It’s hard to believe Jeep will keep the v8 but not the chargers and challengers. And of course dealerships don’t know or care to provide info for 2024 when they can’t even sell the 22’s rotting on the lot.

really hoping the 392 keeps on keeping on…
The 392 will stay on for a limited run on the 2024 JL Wranglers but this WILL be the final year.

Top Bottom