Superchips flashpaq

utiadam

LOSER
I received the flashpaq today from ups. I immediately updated the firmware online and downloaded the tpms off road package which from what I understand is what I need to turn it off completely. So then I connected to the jeep and it saved the factory tune. I then loaded the 87 octane tune. I tried to adjust tire size and was unable to because it said unable to locate abs module or something similar. Anyone have similar issues? I tried contacting Superchips but they are already closed. BTW this is a 2013 JKUR manual trans.

My first go at changing settings and a tune failed too. It was after wrestling with the Spark program for a couple days. The tuner actually said something like tune failed, reinitializing. Followed the prompts and all went well after that.

Did you disconnect and retry?

My first go at changing settings and a tune failed too. It was after wrestling with the Spark program for a couple days. The tuner actually said something like tune failed, reinitializing. Followed the prompts and all went well after that.

Did you disconnect and retry?

The tune loaded successfully but I just wasn't able to do tpms or tire size. Should I try switching to the towing tune and then try the settings?

I'm not sure, sorry. I guess if it were me and still doesn't work after disconnecting and starting over, I'd return all to stock and try again. Again, I'm not sure that's the fix, but it's what I'd do. Wish I could help with better info.

I'm not sure, sorry. I guess if it were me and still doesn't work after disconnecting and starting over, I'd return all to stock and try again. Again, I'm not sure that's the fix, but it's what I'd do. Wish I could help with better info.

No problem. I reconnected it to the computer again and I guess the tpms package didn't save because it downloaded it again. The speedometer is about 6mph slower than what I'm actually going and the tpms light stays on. Not really a big deal but kind of annoying. I'll let you know if this works now.

Ok. I do like the idea of being able to update the tuner through a pc, but the 97-03 Ford SC tuner I had was nowhere near as glitchy. After that initial update/download and first tune attempt, the thing has worked fine. I'm happy with it now, but was frustrated as hell at first.

Anyway, I hope it smooths out for you!

Ok. I do like the idea of being able to update the tuner through a pc, but the 97-03 Ford SC tuner I had was nowhere near as glitchy. After that initial update/download and first tune attempt, the thing has worked fine. I'm happy with it now, but was frustrated as hell at first.

Anyway, I hope it smooths out for you!

BTW, you have to use advanced tune to make changes to tire size or tpms right? Not quick tune?

Crap, I've never gotten that one!

If I remember right, TPMS and tire size are in vehicle settings. I think you scroll down from the main screen. Soonest I could double check that is tomorrow though.

I'd try returning to stock, and then doing yet another Internet update. You'd be surprised how often they do updates.

Glad you got the TPMS setting to work. :thumb: We're you able to find the tire size setting area? I can still confirm where to find that for you today if need be.

The last suggestion I have is to call the SC tech help. When Spark wouldn't recognize my billing address for the cal to paq upgrade (yet did charge my account) they pushed the upgrade through.

Maybe with all the new products they have a ton of updates going??? Once I got mine working as desired I've avoided using Spark.

I'd try returning to stock, and then doing yet another Internet update. You'd be surprised how often they do updates.

I already went back to the stock tune and redid the tune. I have tried reconnecting to the computer a few times in between but nothing so far.

Glad you got the TPMS setting to work. :thumb: We're you able to find the tire size setting area? I can still confirm where to find that for you today if need be.

The last suggestion I have is to call the SC tech help. When Spark wouldn't recognize my billing address for the cal to paq upgrade (yet did charge my account) they pushed the upgrade through.

Maybe with all the new products they have a ton of updates going??? Once I got mine working as desired I've avoided using Spark.

I did call Superchips but I'm not sure if it was the tech support line. I think it was. They are already closed so I didn't get to talk to anyone.

I finally got a hold of Superchips tech support and they basically said its not their fault that it's not seeing the abs module. They said something must be wrong with the vehicle. They asked if I had the speed sensors connected as well as tpms sensors when I had already told them I used the programmer to disable tpms. They told me to try disconnecting the battery and turning on headlights while holding the brake for 5 minutes and then leaving it disconnected another 30min. I'll give that a shot but I must say I'm disappointed with their tech support.

Well no luck with the battery thing that they recommended. I completely forgot about my aeroforce interceptor having settings for this kind of stuff though. There are a few different options such as for tire sizes 2011/2012 or 13+. I tried the 13+ and it wouldn't work which is weird since mine is a 13. I tried the older one and it seems to have done the trick. I compared it to a speedometer app on my phone and it appears to be right on.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441773743.416781.jpg
Here is the chart if anyone else happens to need it
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441773774.114102.jpg

Top Bottom