Stroage solutions for 2 Door JL

jal

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this!
Lots of trial an error and a lot of looking forward etc
Its nice being able to print out test pieces --
The shelf is going to be for mounting the dog beds to that way I get back some storge space and gets the pups off of the floor
If anyone has ideas etc - send them this way ..
IMG_2689.jpg

JessL

Caught the Bug
Great stuff @jal . I love tinkering and building with 3D printing. I designed a new IR laser module recently. The speed from thought to working component blows your mind. We had physical product examples in supplier's hands within a few weeks. Xometry works pretty well for prototype parts production. They can also help you with configuration/transition for manufacturing.

I look forward to seeing this come together. Are you thinking about running plywood between the brackets?

jal

Oh yea, I started the design Moinday and should have to SCS tomorrow/ friday- if the test parts prove good
Im using a 3/4" Glued wood panel
Great stuff @jal . I love tinkering and building with 3D printing. I designed a new IR laser module recently. The speed from thought to working component blows your mind. We had physical product examples in supplier's hands within a few weeks. Xometry works pretty well for prototype parts production. They can also help you with configuration/transition for manufacturing.

I look forward to seeing this come together. Are you thinking about running plywood between the brackets?

cinnur

I hope this is not seen as a thread high jack, but here is a storage solution I recently put together with the very very significant effort of my wife, I tend to call them "Console Saddle Bags. " The two different sizes of the bags are intentional. I wanted to make sure the drivers side bag would not get in the way.
I had previously had the hard plastic hangers item available from third parties but they were severely limited on space, and would always get in the way when the seat needed to pull forward.
The Looney Tunes interior was my wife's idea because I very much enjoy those old cartoons. I had asked her to keep the exterior bland as to avoid attraction if the Wrangler is stripped to no doors.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 17
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 18
  • s5.jpg
    s5.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 18
  • s6.jpg
    s6.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 18
  • s9.jpg
    s9.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 17

GP NOIR

Hooked
I hope this is not seen as a thread high jack, but here is a storage solution I recently put together with the very very significant effort of my wife, I tend to call them "Console Saddle Bags. " The two different sizes of the bags are intentional. I wanted to make sure the drivers side bag would not get in the way.
I had previously had the hard plastic hangers item available from third parties but they were severely limited on space, and would always get in the way when the seat needed to pull forward.
The Looney Tunes interior was my wife's idea because I very much enjoy those old cartoons. I had asked her to keep the exterior bland as to avoid attraction if the Wrangler is stripped to no doors.
That's a really neat idea

Top Bottom