Stock JKU Fenders and Liners (Black Plastic)

wbgoode77

Guys, I'm hoping there are several of you all out there that got new flat fenders for Christmas and your stock fenders are just sitting in your garage :)

I have decided to go with the "SoCal look"...cut my factor fenders. However I am a novice at turning the wrench and a bit hesitant of the job. I'd love to have a set of fenders that could be my ginny pig and build my confidence. From all the write-ups I don't think I should be too worried, but the extra pair would certainly help. It would also allow me to better manage my time away from the family...cut one weekend and install another. Last but not least, I could pay it forward once installed...I will after all have a pair of fenders sitting in my garage then :)

Need to fit my 2012 JKUR.

I'm more than willing to come to you (within reason...not driving to SoCal, LOL).

Guys, I'm hoping there are several of you all out there that got new flat fenders for Christmas and your stock fenders are just sitting in your garage :)

I have decided to go with the "SoCal look"...cut my factor fenders. However I am a novice at turning the wrench and a bit hesitant of the job. I'd love to have a set of fenders that could be my ginny pig and build my confidence. From all the write-ups I don't think I should be too worried, but the extra pair would certainly help. It would also allow me to better manage my time away from the family...cut one weekend and install another. Last but not least, I could pay it forward once installed...I will after all have a pair of fenders sitting in my garage then :)

Need to fit my 2012 JKUR.

I'm more than willing to come to you (within reason...not driving to SoCal, LOL).

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Just make sure you take your time and lay out some tape how you want them to look. And it's always better to not cut enough off than to cut too much off. I planned to cut mine today but something got in the way. I got the rear fender off and managed to only break 3 clips. The clips that remained in the body, use two flat head screw drivers and squeeze them together towards the middle of the clip (that should get them off without breaking them)

wbgoode77

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Just make sure you take your time and lay out some tape how you want them to look. And it's always better to not cut enough off than to cut too much off. I planned to cut mine today but something got in the way. I got the rear fender off and managed to only break 3 clips. The clips that remained in the body, use two flat head screw drivers and squeeze them together towards the middle of the clip (that should get them off without breaking them)

Thanks for the advice.

When removing from the sheet metal, did you go with the "just pull hard approach" or was there a different method that worked for you. I'm hesitant to pull hard as I don't want to bend the sheet metal.

Thanks for the advice.

When removing from the sheet metal, did you go with the "just pull hard approach" or was there a different method that worked for you. I'm hesitant to pull hard as I don't want to bend the sheet metal.

I found a YouTube video that sort of helped me. You want to pull up and out, it shouldn't take too much effort to get the fender off the jeep but there may be a few stubborn clips that don't want to go.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
when i cut my fenders i just left them installed. made it a little bit more riggid when cutting.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376880432.205336.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376880432.205336.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 41

budmanm3

If you do pull them off, ensure you buy some extra clips. They can be found cheap on ebay. The rears can be a pain and some of the clips will break when removing them.

Remove the ones you can reach from behind first then the others will pop out with a little force, no need to yank too hard. just take it slow.

Top Bottom