Starting to kick myself

G'day Jarrod here from Australia I've just spend $50,000+ on buying a new 2015 Jeep Wrangler JK 4dr baja yellow I am waiting on it to be delivered at the end of this month and I've had nothing but people/Haters keep telling me that ill be hating life with a crazy list of problems that will happen with the JK my boss bought a brand new one 2013 and sold it 5 months later saying it was a nightmare with gear box issues, loss airbag, overspray all over the car the list goes on. I do know things tend to break driving off road

I can see that the JK is very good off road from watching the JK Experience videos on YouTube but also understand that most of them rigs have at least $20,000+ of extra bits and peace's

I also have a 2011 VW Amarok but it breaks something every time it sees dirt and I'm not kidding hahaha

I have got some goodies going on
AEV 3.5 Lift kit
poison spyder brawler sliders
ARB stubby bar
33x12.5R17 BF goodridge KM2 on a set of steel D hole rims 17x8
10th anniversary Rubicon hood
will upgrade the axles when I have the money

Just wondering if people have good stories and photos

I think everyone here loves jeeps and would never say "don't buy one"!!! Every new vehicle has its problems, that's just life. I have a 2013 and haven't had one problem yet that was self inflicted. Buy the jeep and use it. You'll love it!

Honestly over here in aus the vast majority of people will tell you the same thing, that your wrangler will be a time bomb of problems or that it will spontaneously blow up if you look at it long enough haha. Jeeps just get a bad rap over here.

I've got a 2013 6 speed and I havnt had a single issue with mine on or off road. Ive kept it maintained and its treated me well.

On the trails you will outperform most other fourwheel drives( might be part of the reason jeeps are put down haha)

But at the end of the day you will love it, I can't imagine driving or wheeling anything else.

I have a 2014 JKUR. It's been in service for 95 days. So far.

Chrysler has had to put me in two RAM 2500's, and a RAM 1500, This year (2015).

The rentals Chrysler has had to provide have all performed as advertised.

I had a 2013 JKUR, that was just as bad as this 2014 - you can probably find that on here.

I had a 2012 JK and never had any issues. I now have a 2014 JK and again, no issues.

I've been driving Jeep Wranglers and CJs for 35+ years and not had any major issues. Actually my Jeeps have had less issues than my wifes GMC vehicles.

Your gonna love your JKUR and the mods you do to it.

Why listen to (jealous) non-owners. Stick around here or other enthusiast boards and get the real deal.

FWIW I bought a 2014 JKUS brand new off the lot and it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned! So much fun, goes anywhere, plenty enough power and decent fuel economy while it's at it. Now am slowly modding it since can never leave anything well enough alone but all it really lacked before was a set of M/Ts. I think Jeep really put together a great package with the 3.6 and the sales numbers reflect it.

That said, "a man's got to know his limitations" and it applies to vehicles too.

Here's a recent pic, full house took the neighbor's kids offroading first time :)

Attachments

• aP1030810.jpg
    aP1030810.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Simple enough - everyone's experience is different. I have a 2007 with the "terrible" 3.8 motor which frankly hasn't given me a single issue. I have a manual transmission so I guess the way I drive it makes up for the power of the engine. This is my third Jeep amongst 5 other vehicles I've owned. It is by far the most versatile and family friendly vehicle I own. Yes my wife's Honda Pilot is more comfortable and more powerful but it doesn't leave the road. You don't buy a Jeep because it rides like a BMW, you should buy it to use its off-road capability. Frankly a stock Jeep Sport will do most trails that modified land cruisers, etc wheel on. I've been on "wheeling adventures" as a rider in a few dessert areas in the Middle East and there wasn't anything that I thought a stock JK couldn't easily do.

Only modify it to give you the capability you truly need. It looks cooler to add all of those mods, but I see no need to spend $20k+ on hard core modifications that aren't really needed. I would love to have the money to do those mods to my Jeep but I really would never truly need that type of off-road performance with the off-roading that I do right now. You'll see what I mean once you start driven it.

Enjoy you new JK!

Just wondering if people have good stories and photos

I traded up from an 09 JKU to my current 14 JKUR. My 09 never failed me or my wife when I was gone for 8 months. Now my 14 has gone from 23 miles to almost 13k with not a single issue. 1423312202131.jpg

Awesome and stories greatly appreciated i so can wait to get my once it is here ill upload some photo.
I have bought the JKUR only for off road ill be using my amarok for a daily run around

You won't regret it going with the jeep. I have a 07 and have friends with the 2012 and up and I've never seen any issues.

You will love it! No need to start kicking yourself at all. You will out perform other 4X4 right off the lot. :beer::beer:

You won't regret the Jeep. I bought a 2015 JKUS about 4 months ago and love it. The fact of the matter is anything mechanical is going to have issues at some point I have owned a lot of different vehicles over the years (Chevy's, Fords, Mistubishi's), and at some point something is going to break, it's just inherent with life and I accept that fact. I love the versatility of the Jeep and will always have one in my driveway going forward. It has gotten me into my driveway through 3' snow banks where my trucks have struggled. Good luck with yours, you won't regret it!:thumb:

I've had four Jeeps. I've driven other cars in between and I have come back to them time and time again.

It's a Wayalife.

I have a 2014 JKUR with 17,000 miles. Its only been in service for a rear diff leak, very slight and I think I banged on it offroad. Other than that its been great and exactly what I expected. :rock:

Ive owned 4 Chrysler products with 3 being bought New, I had a lot of issues with the 2007, some issues with the 2012 Wrangler and a couple minor issues with the 2014 JKUR. I came to the conclusion that all new vehicles can have problems but thats why you get a warranty and I was willing to come back to Chrysler because of the Jeep Wrangler and the stories of improved fit and finish on their vehicles after Fiat entered the show. I wish Chrysler would have been able to clean up their own house without Fiat but results have not been as bad as some had thought it could have been.

With all that, the Wrangler is a great vehicle as long as you accept that with all the great things about the Wrangler you do sacrifice a few things like ride quality, mpg, handling, power, road noise, etc.

I read this article below trying to figure out if there was anything different about the Jeep brand that is exported to AU but it seems like the Wrangler may be produced in India in the future so buying one now may be the better idea.

I would say buy it and enjoy your new Wrangler! I enjoy mine.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...port-to-uk-australia/articleshow/44943695.cms

While Fiat announced a major comeback plan for the Indian market two years ago, its protracted merger with American automaker Chrysler kept it from making major investments in India. But now the company is readying to launch the Jeep brand with the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee models next year, followed by the locally produced C-segment Jeep at the end of 2016 or early 2017. Fiat has been selling just 1,000-1,500 units a month on average in India despite the launch of new Linea and Punto and expansion of its dealer network.

I bought my 2010 new put 6 miles on it for the test drive and took it home. I now have over 109000 miles and no issues.

I do maintain the fluid changes more often than recommended because of how I use it and feel that has added to its condition.

I've seen guys take a brand new rig and hit the trails hard only because it is a Jeep and they immediately cause damage then get pissed off because it wasn't bullet (stupid) proof and blame the Jeep.

I recall being on a trail and came upon a brand new (still had temp tags on it) Sport and the guy was driving it like he was at KOH, I tried to tell him that his Sport did not have any underbody protection and he basically told me to FO...caught up to him later and noticed a steady stream of trans fluid from his rig, he had cracked his trans going over some rocks. I probably should have helped him but he did tell me to FO :beer:

I have owned two JKs and about to buy the wife another. A 4 door this time. The 2007 I owned did have one minor problem in that the main seal went bad after 3k but was replaced under warranty. Took a week in the shop to get done. My current 2010 has been amazing. Not a single complaint. I will probably keep it forever because they discontinued the deep water blue color and I absolutely love it!

G'day Jarrod, Leigh here in Sydney..... :)

2013 Wrangler Overland, I can't say its had any issues....doesn't even leak, lol.
I do treat it well, and offroad I'm careful with my lines...more so than others I've seen, so maybe that helps.
One thing I laugh about the Toyota guys I know that bagged me when I bought the Wrangler....they can't even come close to toyota's claimed City/Highway combined fuel economy - my Wrangler has always done slightly better than Jeep's economy figure consistently. Very impressed.

Top Bottom