Starting over! Deathcon 4 build thread.

MadMedic

Sad to see her go today. But, out with the old.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450548814.193793.jpg
In with the new!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450548873.177646.jpg
2016 rubicon.

Will be adding:

3" Evo enforcer lift

Wheels (undecided on brand or design)

35" tires

New drive shafts

Oil pan skid

Evo boat side bombers

Poison spyder brawler lite bumper with brawler bar and shackle tabs

Poison spyder rear tire carrier

Shocks (undecided on brand)

Sport cage (eventually)

Warn winch (eventually)

I would like to say that's it. But, we all know it's not. Lol. Guys tell me what you think. Let me know if your running these parts and if there's something better out there.

TennJK

View attachment 178662
In with the new!!
View attachment 178663
2016 rubicon.

Will be adding:

3" Evo enforcer lift

35" tires

New drive shafts

Oil pan skid

Evo boat side bombers

Sport cage (eventually)

Warn winch (eventually)

I would like to say that's it. But, we all know it's not. Lol. Guys tell me what you think. Let me know if your running these parts and if there's something better out there.

I've got my enforcer kit on order right now. The new jeep is going to look great. Can't wait to see more pictures.

MadMedic

Ok so after speaking with medixjk and doing some soul searching. I think I have decided to for go the Evo enforcer lift. And, instead go with the Evo front and rear bolt on coilovers. Need feedback please!!!!!

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
If you ever planned to go to coilovers id say good call. I have the evo coilovers and had I just done it the first time would have saved me a lot of time and money

MadMedic

If you ever planned to go to coilovers id say good call. I have the evo coilovers and had I just done it the first time would have saved me a lot of time and money

Thanks man. I don't know much about coilovers really. Is there a lot of maintenance evolved with them?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Not really. Initially you can mess with pressures and spring rates if needed to get them set up to your rig. Evo has the valving pretty much right where you need it. Other than that rebuild them every few years depending on mileage. If you dd it and drive in salt id highly recommend spraying them with fluid film or some other coating in winter or they will rust.

MadMedic

Not really. Initially you can mess with pressures and spring rates if needed to get them set up to your rig. Evo has the valving pretty much right where you need it. Other than that rebuild them every few years depending on mileage. If you dd it and drive in salt id highly recommend spraying them with fluid film or some other coating in winter or they will rust.

Ok. Thanks bro for the info. Looks like deathcon is getting coilovers.

MadMedic

Ok guys got a tech question. Can I run Evo bolt on coil over with stock wheels with 1.5" spacers temporally til I can afford wheels with 3.75" of backspacing? Running 35" tires.

Just looking to see if this can be done so I can afford to do coilovers.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok guys got a tech question. Can I run Evo bolt on coil over with stock wheels with 1.5" spacers temporally til I can afford wheels with 3.75" of backspacing? Running 35" tires.

I don't think so. I have chamber pro's with 4" of bs and I'm just clearing everything.

Angry Aussie

If your gonna do coilovers if consider the evo double d lift kit, I'm a huge fan of long arms and you may wanna seriously consider 37s over 35s. Tire envy is a bitch, I put 37s on mine two years ago and already dying to put 40s on it. Whatever you do the new rig looks awesome. Enjoy putting it together, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

First, congrats on the new Rubicon! Second, regarding the Coilovers - Just do it!
Third, Utiadamn ran 35s on stock wheels with spacers and the B/O Coilovers. If you haven't seen his build thread here is it is.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=19493

Last edited:

This is how I ran mine at first because I didn't want just any rim so I ran stock with spacers till I could get the TrailReady beadlocks ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450703156.740450.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450703176.893913.jpg

MadMedic

If your gonna do coilovers if consider the evo double d lift kit, I'm a huge fan of long arms and you may wanna seriously consider 37s over 35s. Tire envy is a bitch, I put 37s on mine two years ago and already dying to put 40s on it. Whatever you do the new rig looks awesome. Enjoy putting it together, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

That damn tire envy! Lol.

First, congrats on the new Rubicon! Second, regarding the Coilovers - Just do it!
Third, Utiadamn ran 35s on stock wheels with spacers and the B/O Coilovers. If you haven't seen his build thread here is it is.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=19493
Thanks for the info

This is how I ran mine at first because I didn't want just any rim so I ran stock with spacers till I could get the TrailReady beadlocks View attachment 178882 View attachment 178883

Yeah man that's the thing, I don't want to rush buying wheels just cause I got coilovers.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

In with the new!!
View attachment 178663
2016 rubicon.

Will be adding:

3" Evo enforcer lift
35" tires
New drive shafts
Oil pan skid
Evo boat side bombers
Sport cage (eventually)
Warn winch (eventually)

Copy cat! ;)

Just kidding brother, it looks awesome! Since you decided on the coilovers, I'd just go with the front lower control arms for now and leave the rest of them. That will fix your caster problems and you haven't invested too much in case you do decide to do long arms down the road.

Also to note, Evo isn't selling the boat side rockers yet. You can get away with just the stock Rubicon rockers for now. Other than that, love the plans!

I'm sure Matt is hella jealous now too :bleh:

Top Bottom