Squeaky endlinks, what's the cure

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I love my EVO endlinks but they squeak on the trail and it drives me crazy. I've tried hitting them with some white lithium grease and WD-40 but that only works temporarily. They only seem to squeak on the trails. Anyone else have this issue? How did you fix it?

Edit: whoops, looks like I forgot the question mark at the end of my post header, doh.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
What Overlander said, the heims need to be replaced as the teflon embedded in them will wear out over time.

Silicone spray works better than WD40. I tried stuff called "TrickShot" and it worked for months, even in NJ with the humidity and salt.

Last edited:
The hemi joints wear out. Especially with dust and dirt. Mine only last a little over a year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well I guess that's what I get for living in the desert, lol. The front set has been on for about a year and a half. The rears are over 4 years old I believe, so they are probably due for a change. I might have to do some further testing to see if all of them are squeaking or just the rears. If I have to replace the heim joints every year, I might look at going with a different set up.

Top Bottom