Sports Cars

TwistedJK

Picture is a Panamera 4 door sedan, not a 911.

I said most sports cars don't have back seats, and yes there are some dandy 911 sports cars.

Not the judge, just my opinion, try not to get so butt hurt next time.

Does Ford have to pipe in extra motor sounds on the 5.0 like they do for the eco-bust?

:beer:

The eco-boost does not have an enhanced sound through the speakers. We took the fuse out of my other brothers 2015 mustang (don't remember the fuse number), and it was no different. If anything, on both the GT and Eco-boost its quieter in the car.

thardy

Banned

Nope I don't believe there are any four door cars worthy of being called a sports car.

And really, if posting like a jerk wad makes you feel good, then have at it. I could use more entertainment in my life right now!

:rock:

I believe you might want to take a little of your own advice here and not get so butt hurt. We simply gave our opinion that we disagree with your opinion.

Personally, I think you are wrong in your definition of a sports car, but that's my opinion.

Hobolobo

Nope I don't believe there are any four door cars worthy of being called a sports car.

And really, if posting like a jerk wad makes you feel good, then have at it. I could use more entertainment in my life right now!

:rock:

Nobody is trying to be a jerk, we're just disagreeing and offering our own opinion. I believe there are plenty 4 door sports cars. Cadillac CTS-V, Chevrolet SS, Porsche Panamera S, etc.

thardy

Banned
Here's one of the last cars I helped my buddy build. S13 240sx hatchback, stripped, seam welded, FormulaD spec cage, 500hp LS3, T56 transmission, coilovers and custom suspension setup for drifting. Probably one of the quickest cars I've ever driven.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437183462.554114.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437183477.357032.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437183490.126955.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437183501.184430.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437183513.981347.jpg

TwistedJK

Here's one of the last cars I helped my buddy build. S13 240sx hatchback, stripped, seam welded, FormulaD spec cage, 500hp LS3, T56 transmission, coilovers and custom suspension setup for drifting. Probably one of the quickest cars I've ever driven.

Nice! There was a guy around here running an ls motor in an RX7.

thardy

Banned
The old circle track car. 75 Nova with Camaro hood and front fascia all custom fabricated to fit seamlessly together. Many a night in Victory Lane with the old 99!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437184854.430938.jpg

relayer4u

Now that we are back on topic, here are pictures of one of my own former sports cars, a 1976 Alfa Romeo Montreal:

Montreal-1_zps6vos4pnj.jpg

Montreal-2_zps5lhbo8wj.jpg

Montreal-3_zps71qhz56k.jpg

Montreal-4_zpsadnucaco.jpg

:brows:

JakeJK

You must be thinking of a muscle car because there are plenty of sports cars that have way under 400hp and could still beat a 700hp hellcat around a track.. For example a basic porsche 911 or a porsche boxster

True should have said any car with a decent power to weight ratio

thardy

Banned
Here's a few classics that I would LOVE to own.

Ferrari 348 Challenge
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437188045.585362.jpg

Classic 911
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437188065.677969.jpg

And probably one of my biggest guilty pleasure cars, a Detomaso Pantera
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437188133.965417.jpg

TwistedJK

Since there seems to be some speculation as to what actually constitutes what a "sports car" is, I decided to actually look it up in the Merriam-Websters dictionary and this is what I found:

:a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving.

OscarMike2.0

Picture is a Panamera 4 door sedan, not a 911.

I said most sports cars don't have back seats, and yes there are some dandy 911 sports cars.

Does Ford have to pipe in extra motor sounds on the 5.0 like they do for the eco-bust?

:beer:

Not to derail this thread. Again.. but I just saw your posts and really? Saying Im butt hurt? I completely disagree with your opinion and so do others so we said so. Not sure how disagreeing with you makes us a butt hurt but whatever dude :thumb:

TwistedJK

Shouldn't these thread only have sports cars that u have or had in ur garage.

Maybe, but like any other conversation, things evolve but are mainly on topic. Just like, why should I/we change what we're talking about to appease someone else?

OscarMike2.0

Since there seems to be some speculation as to what actually constitutes what a "sports car" is, I decided to actually look it up in the Merriam-Websters dictionary and this is what I found:

:a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving.

Well if you read it on the interwebs it MUST be true right? Just kidding but it does say usually seats two which I agree with. Most sports cars do seat two but that doesnt mean there isnt quite a few sports cars that seat more than 2 and some even with 4 doors and seat 5.

For example:

Tesla P85D (can seat 7 if you do the rear facing seats option)
691 HP and does 0-6 in 3.2 seconds

Porsche Panemera turbo s (4 Door)
570 Hp with a twin turbo V8

BMW M3 and M4 (Has back seats)

BMW M5 (4 door)

BMW M6 sedan (4 Door)

Cadillac CTSV (4 Door)

Aston Martin Rapide (4 Door)

Porsche 911 (All have back seats other than the GT3)

Maserati Quattroporte (4 Door)

Audi RS7 (4 Door)

Mercedes CLS63 AMG (4 Door)

ETC

ETC

ETC...

Top Bottom