sPOD : Honesty, Integrity and the Lack Thereof

JKWrang

In every industry you have that guy or company that just downright doesn't care.

Insurance requirements? Who needs those. Ethics and intergrity? Luxuries, really. :grayno:

JohnnyD

Agreed...in this day and age of all things digital I believe the perceived anonymity of it all makes a difference (it shouldn't ) in how people behave, but a lie is a lie, and ethics are ethics, these rules apply across platforms, media, forums etc...

n3tfury

Sucks I didn't see this before I purchased last year. Oh well, not ripping it out now. Thanks for the heads up though.

JudeinPa

Just saw this and was thinking of purchasing a SPOD but now it will be a Painless trail rocker accessory control system.

AaronG83NM

Two years ago I picked up my JK so I stopped by my buddies so I could check out all of his upgrades on his JK. When he showed me his sPod I had to have it, when I got home I researched them and saw how expensive they are. Time went on and I added lights to my JK so I contacted sPod to see if I could just purchase the switch panel, I'm a single parent so there was no way I could purchase a complete kits for that price. I never got a single response back and now I know why, sPod is nothing but a bunch of money hungry liars. I'll be honest if I could afford one I might possibly buy one just cause it's convenient and the switch panel looks cool. But being that I'm a single income parent and my JEEP habit must be paid for by side jobs it's NOT HAPPENING. I'm glad Eddie posted up all the FACTS about the shadiness of the sPod business strategy.

Rccrwlr

Two years ago I picked up my JK so I stopped by my buddies so I could check out all of his upgrades on his JK. When he showed me his sPod I had to have it, when I got home I researched them and saw how expensive they are. Time went on and I added lights to my JK so I contacted sPod to see if I could just purchase the switch panel, I'm a single parent so there was no way I could purchase a complete kits for that price. I never got a single response back and now I know why, sPod is nothing but a bunch of money hungry liars. I'll be honest if I could afford one I might possibly buy one just cause it's convenient and the switch panel looks cool. But being that I'm a single income parent and my JEEP habit must be paid for by side jobs it's NOT HAPPENING. I'm glad Eddie posted up all the FACTS about the shadiness of the sPod business strategy.

Check out the Waytec wire unit built up on here. A lot of us run it and it's a DYI type thing that saves you quite a bit over the sPod

I was going thru some threads and just read this one... The balls on some people. I really feel like today's society cares more about "whats in it for me" than anything. Finding people that still practice the fundamental principles of being a decent human being like honesty and integrity is getting harder and harder it seems.

Last month i sold a quad on craigslist, one that I bought new, built up and put a lot of hard work and money into. I didnt need the money and wasn't desperate to sell it, I was just trying to free up some space in the garage. My main concern was making sure it went to a good home where it would be taken care of. The guy that bought it from me represented himself as that guy. Three days after selling it i saw it reposted for sale on CL for more money and he actually had the balls to list that he was the original owner and that he had always babied it blah blah blah. When I called him out on it he gave me some bullshit about a family member dying and he needed the money!

Thanks for spending the time to post this up... I was considering one of these down the road as I continue to upgrade my jeep, now I will look for something elsewhere.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Glad I saw this. I was holding off, because they are so expensive. Now I'll go one of the other routes.

Sudz

Last month i sold a quad on craigslist, one that I bought new, built up and put a lot of hard work and money into. I didnt need the money and wasn't desperate to sell it, I was just trying to free up some space in the garage. My main concern was making sure it went to a good home where it would be taken care of. The guy that bought it from me represented himself as that guy. Three days after selling it i saw it reposted for sale on CL for more money and he actually had the balls to list that he was the original owner and that he had always babied it blah blah blah. When I called him out on it he gave me some bullshit about a family member dying and he needed the money!
funny you mention this. When I post things for sale on my local forum, I always discount my stuff. First, I always list for a fair value and secondly I always knock off a little extra since it's going to a fellow club member. It's usually stuff I don't use anymore, but in great condition. On a few occasions I had those same members turn around and re-post the item they just got from me on the same forum marked up 2X.!!! Another guy bragged to me how he made a killing on the tires he just bought from me by reselling to another member. So yeah, jeep owners are assholes too. I never mentioned it or called them out, but I haven't forgot about it either. BTW, it's a local club forum, not a 'national' website. :naw:

BLCK4X4

Johns shop is right across the street from my business and every time he see's me roll by he flags me down and keeps telling me to call him to get an Spod. Every time...I laugh after reading this write up

Top Bottom