SPEED GOVERNORS Coming to California

nokones

I’m a native Arizonan And now you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a kalifornian. Bad thing is they bring there political views and ideas with them
That is not true although I can't speak for others but us escapees are not bringing any political views or ideas to Arizona. I would feel that most escapees are just that, escapees from the politics of California.

I would imagine that those political inclined people would want to stay in California so they can spread their weird political cheer and enjoy all over the land.

JT@623

Hooked
That is not true although I can't speak for others but us escapees are not bringing any political views or ideas to Arizona. I would feel that most escapees are just that, escapees from the politics of California.

I would imagine that those political inclined people would want to stay in California so they can spread their weird political cheer and enjoy all over the land.
I Doubt Katy Hobbs would be in office if this were true. Prescott has turned into a liberal haven and doubled in population.
The water table in surrounding areas have dropped drastically due to the subdivision explosion in Prescott.
Maricopa county might as well be called east LA . I know not all bring there liberal views but more than not do.

I get it, I was trying to buy a cabin in Prescott and it seemed like there were more CA plates than AZ.
Have a friend lucky enough to retire and get the hell out of here and move to Arizona. Bought a bunch of land down by Show Low. Probably one if the most far right, gun Lovin’, Constitution loving, patriots that you could meet in your life.
And then I’ve got a handful of buddies that have retired and moved to Havasu, Kingman, and Flagstaff. All retired Civil Service, all retired Navy or Marine Corps prior to that. Not a one of them are anything other than hard core conservative.
Point being, you’re still getting a bunch of good folks during the exodus.👍

edit to correct Show Low to St John’s. His closest paved road is nine miles from his house if that helps.🤣
We looked at properties in Prescott. We liked Prescott (it offers a wide variety of sceneries, lifestyles, and cultures) but discovered that decent properties were being purchased in less than 4 days by Californians with a lot of cash. We even met one these Californians looking to immediately unload some cash on a property. Given that we were from Texas we could not compete with that.

I Doubt Katy Hobbs would be in office if this were true. Prescott has turned into a liberal haven and doubled in population.
The water table in surrounding areas have dropped drastically due to the subdivision explosion in Prescott.
Maricopa county might as well be called east LA . I know not all bring there liberal views but more than not do.
Prescott Valley. 🤮

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I’m a native Arizonan And now you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a kalifornian. Bad thing is they bring there political views and ideas with them

Being an AZ Native and having a ton of family that have been living there since the 1940’s I can tell you the political landscape has changed substantially, so much so that when I finish my time in Virginia I will not be moving back to AZ. It is no longer the state it was when I left in 1983. The change has been epic, not to say that there are not good people still there- as there is, however the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas have become increasingly Lib and those cities completely control the state politically.

I’d say there are two types of refugees from Cali, political and economic. The political tend to be good Constitutional conservatives that fled the crazy- although what passes for conservative in Cali can be slightly different than many states- I know this because I worked for a company there for 7 years

The economic refugees are often not conservative and once they relocate vote for the same stupid stuff that caused the issues that they fled. These are generalizations but if you look at the fact that most of the higher political office in AZ are now held by Libs it’s hard to deny this.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
We are supposed to heat out to base in March (for work) - I was thinking of driving out that way but everything I've read and seen (and driving through LA last time was terrible (not going to get into all the details)) - not even including all the traffic. I remember growing up in Florida I always aspired to moving out to CA its so sad to see the state of CA (it's where all the cool stuff was happening and all the opportunities were). Is Northern CA still nice ? Or are they starting to get over ran by tent encampments, feces, needles on sidewalks ... and the occasional free sex show lol (LA was bad and I am not even getting into all of it).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We are supposed to heat out to base in March (for work) - I was thinking of driving out that way but everything I've read and seen (and driving through LA last time was terrible (not going to get into all the details)) - not even including all the traffic. I remember growing up in Florida I always aspired to moving out to CA its so sad to see the state of CA (it's where all the cool stuff was happening and all the opportunities were). Is Northern CA still nice ? Or are they starting to get over ran by tent encampments, feces, needles on sidewalks ... and the occasional free sex show lol (LA was bad and I am not even getting into all of it).
EVERY major city in CA is shit now and even most of the lesser ones are too or at least, in my opinion. The farm belt and rural counties are still very red and nice to visit.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
lol I did the move to California when I was young. I opted to move back out recently. That place is a shithole now. Every big city is overrun by homeless, traffic is terrible, people are terrible, infrastructure is terrible, prices on homes, fuel, groceries etc are terrible. It is not the place it was when I moved there 15 years ago.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
EVERY major city in CA is shit now and even most of the lesser ones are too or at least, in my opinion. The farm belt and rural counties are still very red and nice to visit.
I know some people like to gloat and point at how bad its gotten there - but it really makes me sad. CA is a beautiful state with great weather, and used to be the Mecca of just about anything anyone could imagine. I am hoping that things improve soon - but I've already seen how retarded the politicians are there and their iron-grip on power and to keep trying the same thing regardless of all the signs of (and clear) failure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know some people like to gloat and point at how bad its gotten there - but it really makes me sad. CA is a beautiful state with great weather, and used to be the Mecca of just about anything anyone could imagine. I am hoping that things improve soon - but I've already seen how retarded the politicians are there and their iron-grip on power and to keep trying the same thing regardless of all the signs of (and clear) failure.
Like I said, that was just my opinion. I was born and raised in California and just remember it being a vastly different place. Nothing would make me happier than to see more and more people move there and the people who are there, to just stay there.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
lol I did the move to California when I was young. I opted to move back out recently. That place is a shithole now. Every big city is overrun by homeless, traffic is terrible, people are terrible, infrastructure is terrible, prices on homes, fuel, groceries etc are terrible. It is not the place it was when I moved there 15 years ago.
I seen the homeless problem, crime problem and sanitation problem first hand lol (just glad I did not wear my nice watch or drive my own vehicle there). EVERYTHING was extremely expensive there - my impressions of LA was that it was a city that was uninhabitable except by the ruling/donor class (elites) - and every other class was clearly the "get f*ck*d class". I have been avoiding left leaning places as much as possible because they have gone far off into the deep-end especially the past decade or 2. It really pains me to see it the way it is now - I always dreamed of eventually moving out to CA once I had the means - looks like that ship has sailed.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Like I said, that was just my opinion. I was born and raised in California and just remember it being a vastly different place. Nothing would make me happier than to see more and more people move there and the people who are there, to just stay there.
I am sure you seen the good days and probably witnessed the epic downturn(s) first hand lol. Just saying its become common for folks to point and laugh at CA and get a sense of joy of the failure its become, but for me it's just saddening. Elections and the politicians we choose definitely have consequences (CA in point). Now they are talking about fining/taxing people who leave after they have left the state - the insanity seems to have no end there. Instead of looking at the reason why there is a mass exodus - they are trying to force people to stay lol. Seattle has gotten just as cruddy as LA was there for a few days (connecting flight to AK figured we would check out Seattle) - and its just about as bad as LA. The disease seems to be spreading.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I seen the homeless problem, crime problem and sanitation problem first hand lol (just glad I did not wear my nice watch or drive my own vehicle there). EVERYTHING was extremely expensive there - my impressions of LA was that it was a city that was uninhabitable except by the ruling/donor class (elites) - and every other class was clearly the "get f*ck*d class". I have been avoiding left leaning places as much as possible because they have gone far off into the deep-end especially the past decade or 2. It really pains me to see it the way it is now - I always dreamed of eventually moving out to CA once I had the means - looks like that ship has sailed.
I say move out there anyway. It's what you've always wanted and the more people like you go there, the more you can help to change things.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
I say move out there anyway. It's what you've always wanted and the more people like you go there, the more you can help to change things.
I honestly was thinking of that ! All of the folks seem to be moving to TX and AZ but bringing their garbage politics with them - so a group of us should move back to CA and change it for the better is what I was thinking. *EDIT* i would have to sell so much to make that happen and we aren't even done with our build out in AK lol. I will keep my eye out though :).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure you seen the good days and probably witnessed the epic downturn(s) first hand lol. Just saying its become common for folks to point and laugh at CA and get a sense of joy of the failure its become, but for me it's just saddening. Elections and the politicians we choose definitely have consequences (CA in point). Now they are talking about fining/taxing people who leave after they have left the state - the insanity seems to have no end there. Instead of looking at the reason why there is a mass exodus - they are trying to force people to stay lol. Seattle has gotten just as cruddy as LA was there for a few days (connecting flight to AK figured we would check out Seattle) - and its just about as bad as LA. The disease seems to be spreading.
Everything changes and there's no stopping it and in spite of what some would like to believe, this applies to anywhere and everywhere.

DaJudge

This parking law is so cars don't hit pedestrians, what happened to not stepping in front of a moving car? People are so stupid now it is unbelievable!
My dad always taught us "Dead right or dead wrong, you are still dead!"
How about teaching a sense of self preservation instead of more laws that are to protect people who shouldn't be part of the gene pool!

Aceisback

Hooked
This parking law is so cars don't hit pedestrians, what happened to not stepping in front of a moving car? People are so stupid now it is unbelievable!
My dad always taught us "Dead right or dead wrong, you are still dead!"
How about teaching a sense of self preservation instead of more laws that are to protect people who shouldn't be part of the gene pool!
Nope, it’s for the zombies roaming the earth finger fucking their phones and not having a clue what’s going on more than three feet away from them. Must protect them at all costs.😡

Top Bottom