SPEED GOVERNORS Coming to California

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just what we all need (y)🇺🇸
There’s no reason why people should routinely be allowed to drive more than 10 miles per hour above the speed limit...

Senate Bill 961, would require every passenger vehicle, truck and bus manufactured or sold in California to have speed governors starting in 2027. The devices would use GPS technology or cameras to verify the speed limit in a particular area and slow a speeding vehicle down if it approaches 10 mph over the limit.

Sadly, they kind of are already. Only problem, is that they're leaving the state, moving to others that aren't so crazy and then actively changing them into the place they just left :rolleyes:
That sounds like Texas! The property values suddenly skyrocketed by 3x so we can't even live here any more (property taxes went up by 3x)! Austin is totally overrun by the immigrants.

Ddays

Hooked
It’s just a proposed bill that wouldn’t take effect till 2027 if (big IF) it actually passes. Why wouldn’t they buy Hemi durangos now if that’s all that’s available?
It is definitely a big if and I’m sure it won’t pass like all the other bullshit policies CA has tried to pass over the last few years.

Just thought it was comical given the circumstances of today’s level of control. In all honesty, them having V8 powered patrol cars is pretty badass - so good for them. Lol

Aceisback

Hooked
I’m a native Arizonan And now you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a kalifornian. Bad thing is they bring there political views and ideas with them
I get it, I was trying to buy a cabin in Prescott and it seemed like there were more CA plates than AZ.
Have a friend lucky enough to retire and get the hell out of here and move to Arizona. Bought a bunch of land down by Show Low. Probably one if the most far right, gun Lovin’, Constitution loving, patriots that you could meet in your life.
And then I’ve got a handful of buddies that have retired and moved to Havasu, Kingman, and Flagstaff. All retired Civil Service, all retired Navy or Marine Corps prior to that. Not a one of them are anything other than hard core conservative.
Point being, you’re still getting a bunch of good folks during the exodus.👍

edit to correct Show Low to St John’s. His closest paved road is nine miles from his house if that helps.🤣

Last edited:
Top Bottom