Spare Mounted Spare Fuel

Starting to go out on multi day trips out in the desert more often and want a decent solution for mounting some extra fuel to slap on the back of the Jeep when I make those trips.

So far I like either a plate that goes in between the spare wheel and the carrier such as Evo makes, or a strap for a Rotopax or two around the spare. Just curious if anyone has a spare fuel solution they don't use anymore, Located in SoCal 🤙

JessL

Caught the Bug
A8A73545-6E05-4D70-9265-53EA5FB2748F.jpeg
Here’s another place. No idea if these work well but have seen them a couple times.

I've been considering making something like the rock slide engineering mount, could probably be done for a fraction of the $110 they charge.

https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Slide-E...mzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840
That's probably what I'll end up buying eventually, pretty clean and easily removable. It's essentially a ratchet strap and a mounting plate though huh? Seems easy enough lol.

Those are gayer than a three pecker goat.
Lol, homo indeed. Almost as bad as those who mount a Hi-Lift they'll never use there.

duktrx

I have been thinking about this too. I found this roto pax mount designed for a snowmobile and thought about mounting it to a piece of 16 gauge sheet metal, using nuts as spacers between the mount and the steel, and then running the ratchet strap between the bolts/screws.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Starting to go out on multi day trips out in the desert more often and want a decent solution for mounting some extra fuel to slap on the back of the Jeep when I make those trips.

So far I like either a plate that goes in between the spare wheel and the carrier such as Evo makes, or a strap for a Rotopax or two around the spare. Just curious if anyone has a spare fuel solution they don't use anymore, Located in SoCal 🤙
I can help you out. Have the strap style spare tire rotopax mounts. I’m planning to keep the actual fuel cans but don’t really need the rest of the setup. Here is the only pic I could find of it on the jeep. If you’re interested let me know.

IMG_4502.jpeg

I can help you out. Have the strap style spare tire rotopax mounts. I’m planning to keep the actual fuel cans but don’t really need the rest of the setup. Here is the only pic I could find of it on the jeep. If you’re interested let me know.

View attachment 396467
The rock slide engineering one I presume? That’s what I’ve been looking at and am definitely still interested.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
The rock slide engineering one I presume? That’s what I’ve been looking at and am definitely still interested.
Yeah the RSE ones. I put the Rotopax LOX mounts on them. Where are you in SoCal? We’re actually heading down to Disneyland Saturday so if you’re anywhere close I can just bring them down and it would save you some shipping cost. I’ll snap some pictures of what I have tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom