Spacer lift

Ghettomedic

Since I got so much flack for my last question lol about shocks let me take a different approach.
2023 high tide with extreme recon package. What would be the best spacer lift. Jeep came with 35” tires looking to get 37”. Now I am not only looking for just looks but keep it functional as well. I’m am not going to crawl any rocks but over landing yes. And the second thing I want to improve is the articulation. So what would be the best quick disconnecting sway bar links?

Ghettomedic

I took the flack in a good way by the way. I know you guys don’t want to see me blowing money and not getting the results that I am looking for so I appreciate that.

Since I got so much flack for my last question lol about shocks let me take a different approach.
2023 high tide with extreme recon package. What would be the best spacer lift. Jeep came with 35” tires looking to get 37”. Now I am not only looking for just looks but keep it functional as well. I’m am not going to crawl any rocks but over landing yes. And the second thing I want to improve is the articulation. So what would be the best quick disconnecting sway bar links?
One way to deal with sway bar disconnect is to buy a broken Rubicon (as in motor failure) sway bar disconnect assembly and replace the broken motor with a manual part from EVO. Eddie made a video about that (https://wayalife.com/blog/index.php/2022/03/13/my-favorite-sway-bar-disconnect-installed-on-pippi/). The key here is to find someone who is trying to unload this "broken" component.

Breer

Caught the Bug
One way to deal with sway bar disconnect is to buy a broken Rubicon (as in motor failure) sway bar disconnect assembly and replace the broken motor with a manual part from EVO. Eddie made a video about that (https://wayalife.com/blog/index.php/2022/03/13/my-favorite-sway-bar-disconnect-installed-on-pippi/). The key here is to find someone who is trying to unload this "broken" component.
Definitely a challenge to find! Been looking for a while myself.

If i could go back, I would go with a simple disconnect like the JKS quicker disconnects. Many people run them and it really seems to be a good option. Disconnecting will also greatly improve your ride quality off road, not just articulation. (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can run 37's as is but a coil spacer lift will help give your front end a bit more up travel and that's a good thing being that the XR has really long bump stop towers. That said, I personally would recommend something like this to give you better articulation and on a budget.

Also, if you look around and can find one, I personally like this sway bar disconnect solution the best

Ghettomedic

You can run 37's as is but a coil spacer lift will help give your front end a bit more up travel and that's a good thing being that the XR has really long bump stop towers. That said, I personally would recommend something like this to give you better articulation and on a budget.

Also, if you look around and can find one, I personally like this sway bar disconnect solution the best
Hey Eddie hope all is well. Are you saying that I can run 37’s the way my jeep is sitting now? Saw some videos people are showing a little articulation and they rub. I am trying to avoid that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Eddie hope all is well. Are you saying that I can run 37’s the way my jeep is sitting now? Saw some videos people are showing a little articulation and they rub. I am trying to avoid that.
Depending on what 37's you're running, yes, you should be able to clear 37's on an XR without having to lift your Jeep or at least, for daily driving. Yes, you may see some rubbing at a full flex in the rear but then, you would see that even with a lift installed but that can easily be addressed. Also and again, depending on what tires you're running and even what wheels you have them mounted on will make a difference up front. That said, I personally would recommend the Rancho sport lift over spacers as the cost of it isn't too bad and it'll clear 37's better.

Ghettomedic

Depending on what 37's you're running, yes, you should be able to clear 37's on an XR without having to lift your Jeep or at least, for daily driving. Yes, you may see some rubbing at a full flex in the rear but then, you would see that even with a lift installed but that can easily be addressed. Also and again, depending on what tires you're running and even what wheels you have them mounted on will make a difference up front. That said, I personally would recommend the Rancho sport lift over spacers as the cost of it isn't too bad and it'll clear 37's better.
I will absolutely only run the oem extreme recon wheels. And tires if I decide to go to 37 would be the same bfg ko2 since I hear they run the smallest. Wonder if I could just go with that and not mess with a lift

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I will absolutely only run the oem extreme recon wheels. And tires if I decide to go to 37 would be the same bfg ko2 since I hear they run the smallest. Wonder if I could just go with that and not mess with a lift
Yeah, you can definitely run them. As mentioned, you may have some minor rubbing at a full flex but that can be easily addressed.

Top Bottom