Sounds to me like your just as much of an asshole as everyone else on here!

Scrambler

Damn I was confused for a second. I see what you did there.

So does it help to put a lowering kit on before the Oracle mirrors? And will the mirrors affect any motorized steps that I may have installed in the past? Thanks for all the help GCM. Your install pictures make it look really easy.

Last edited:

GCM 2

Damn I was confused for a second. I see what you did there.

So does it help to put a lowering kit on before the Oracle mirrors? And will the mirrors affect any motorized steps that I may have installed in the past? Thanks for all the help GCM. Your install pictures make it look really easy.

This is how it looks when the install is completed.....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443192058.673990.jpg

Sent from my Palm Pilot.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Just started catching up on this thread and was going to chime in but I see that GCM 2 has it covered. Thank you for answering the question - great write-up by the way :thumb:

GCM 2

Awesome! I'm sure that was the best upgrade to EVOJEEP!!

Not bad they came out pretty good considering the $420 price tag.

LOL!! Just started catching up on this thread and was going to chime in but I see that GCM 2 has it covered. Thank you for answering the question - great write-up by the way :thumb:

Guys my sincerest apologies, this new iOS 9.0.1 update seems to be causing really odd things to happen when I post photos in response to jbrady81 request for help with his oracle led's. It's appears that anytime I attach the actual photo that details all the nuances of doing such a simple modification, the Internet is somehow randomly replacing my photos with anything it feels is the slightest bit more important than led turn signal mirrors for jeeps. This is bizarre!

I'll try posting another photo of where I show how the resister gets tied into the led's so you don't get the super quick blinker timer thing going on

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443207978.504377.jpg

And now the photo that shows the final placement in the unfolded position, ready to signal

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443208205.141079.jpg

Hope the iOS update helped.

Sent from my Motorola Razor

Scrambler

I doubt this will be compatible, but I want to take off one of my mirrors and mount a Galaga full size, stand up, arcade machine on the side of my jeep. It's a pretty sweet mod I've seen floating around on the internets. It will strictly be used on the trails, but the wiring has me kind of stumped. Should I drill a hole through my tire to run the wiring? And will it pull too much from the stock battery? I think with me running 6-150" LED light bars that it's just going to be too much strain on the battery. Thoughts GCM? And thanks for fixing the pictures. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443209513.812938.jpg I've attached a picture for reference.

hhunter050

I doubt this will be compatible, but I want to take off one of my mirrors and mount a Galaga full size, stand up, arcade machine on the side of my jeep. It's a pretty sweet mod I've seen floating around on the internets. It will strictly be used on the trails, but the wiring has me kind of stumped. Should I drill a hole through my tire to run the wiring? And will it pull too much from the stock battery? I think with me running 6-150" LED light bars that it's just going to be too much strain on the battery. Thoughts GCM? And thanks for fixing the pictures. View attachment 166378 I've attached a picture for reference.

Just died and came back to life. Thanks for the laugh

GCM 2

Thinking about this mod, is it comparable with the unibrow/eyelash mod you helped me with last week?

Well, you are definitely right. I'm just glad we could get this done in time for the Jewish new year.

I doubt this will be compatible, but I want to take off one of my mirrors and mount a Galaga full size, stand up, arcade machine on the side of my jeep. It's a pretty sweet mod I've seen floating around on the internets. It will strictly be used on the trails, but the wiring has me kind of stumped. Should I drill a hole through my tire to run the wiring? And will it pull too much from the stock battery? I think with me running 6-150" LED light bars that it's just going to be too much strain on the battery. Thoughts GCM? And thanks for fixing the pictures. View attachment 166378 I've attached a picture for reference.

I'm going default to "check you local and state laws" before becoming too committed to this part of your build. The ordinances may actually require you to have permanent mud flaps attached that can be utilized with reverse cut snowplow mounts and Saftey chains. It's pretty common to run this in conjunction with anything that has a GVW of 58,0000lbs or more.

WJCO

Meme King
Should I drill a hole through my tire to run the wiring? And will it pull too much from the stock battery? I think with me running 6-150" LED light bars that it's just going to be too much strain on the battery.

It will work but will require more effort on your part. Straight from Galaga, "This Jeep modification will require drilling two holes in the LF tire for the dual processor circuit (you have to run two harnesses through the tire). Use only a 9/16" drill bit. "

After successfully running your new pneumatic wiring (which is compatible with your ARB on-board air system), your battery load will be fine once you splice in the propane diverter switch near the positive terminal.

Hope that clears things up. :)

USMC Wrangler

It will work but will require more effort on your part. Straight from Galaga, "This Jeep modification will require drilling two holes in the LF tire for the dual processor circuit (you have to run two harnesses through the tire). Use only a 9/16" drill bit. "

After successfully running your new pneumatic wiring (which is compatible with your ARB on-board air system), your battery load will be fine once you splice in the propane diverter switch near the positive terminal.

Hope that clears things up. :)

You forgot the bucket of air for that LF tire. It will need to always have one extra bucket after this mod is complete. Flushing/replacing the turn signal fluid is also necessary at this level of modification. Make sure to use synthetic turn signal fluid too!

WJCO

Meme King
You forgot the bucket of air for that LF tire. It will need to always have one extra bucket after this mod is complete. Flushing/replacing the turn signal fluid is also necessary at this level of modification. Make sure to use synthetic turn signal fluid too!

Good call. Sorry I left that part out. It may require a wiper blade rotation as well. Check your instructions.

Scrambler

Good call. Sorry I left that part out. It may require a wiper blade rotation as well. Check your instructions.

I'll make sure I check that tomorrow. I'm installing my electronic sun roof for my soft top tonight. So my plate is pretty full.

Top Bottom