Sorry but new finds maybe help isolate still ongoing issues

Badbear0416

Still ongoing even more angry wife as it's a holiday putting off getting her beloved rubi on road.
A great help about fuse array as it's on order hopefully Wed even tho other one check out
I did just noticed new hard top wire kit revision OLD 2021 instructions as they do change harnesses wires pin layouts
So maybe below might help isolate issue?
Greatly appreciated 🙏 you have no idea....

As they do change harnesses and pin layouts and often from vendor pinned wrong.

As I have the latest hard top wiring kit installed and the issues I'm having I'm wondering if these instructions from 2021 and different part number coincide with 2018 to 2021 wrangler harness/pin layout and might have changed for 2022 and 2023 model? It's know to happen often with fca.
Now I'm second guessing these older install instructions have wrong bcm c5 pinout compared to a 2022 or 2023. If by chance anyone with a hard top can check if c5 kn black side has og/vt pin 14
as this is the one that's throwing me off right now
And also on gray side
Bn/og pin 48
Bn/gn pin 29

So so so greatly appreciated
As this is a very big possibility with older instructions with new revision of part

I know a huge pain no room sorry but a massive appreciation plus a huge find to have fca fix their so called already terrible instructions ty

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like something is open or shorted. Check fuses. Also double check everything you touched. Also look for bent pins.

What is a hard top wire kit? You mean your Jeep came with a soft top and now you're adding the harness for wiper/defrost?

Badbear0416

Almost sounds like you smoked the main fuse array when you disconnected the battery.
Seems like an open cir UT as I haven't put in new clockspring I'm thinking now I had some sleep lol but a new issue in tipm white c3 plug cav j1 already had same wore so there's a note to remove tape off use new harness ones

Last edited:

Badbear0416

K after some sleep lol I continued hard top wire install on 2023 rubicon and in tipm c3 white plug to pin in the blue/white wire there's already one there? Whatever this wire is for and do I just splice into existing wire or remove that one for new harness except? Sorry I've never seen an existing wire in place for an aftermarket install ty so so very much for any input

pewpew82

Caught the Bug
I think you need to specify the wire install you are referring to. are you adding wiring for rear defrost on a hardtop to a Jeep sold only with a soft top?

Also, if you are working from a kit, would there be instructions provided?

Badbear0416

Sounds like something is open or shorted. Check fuses. Also double check everything you touched. Also look for bent pins.

What is a hard top wire kit? You mean your Jeep came with a soft top and now you're adding the harness for wiper/defrost?
Yes only soft top unfortunately dealer didn't notice so now I'm doing the install and it's a big job

Badbear0416

Well I've finished the hard top wire install kit and 23 rubi won't start or power to windows
Yet the radio splash screen interior amd headlights signals all work just no
ACC no start no windows have power

Yet the prndl and cluster constantly on won't turn off is also weird to me seems odd

I'm thinking damaged wires fishing through pass side wire harness but what wire to test for for continuity that might be the one I'm after in that mess before ripping everything out to get to firewall and pull grommet out if I can enough to look even...big big big job. Again why I'm asking one of you amazing intelligent people that might know what wire to check continuity both side first before hand

Or what fuse would I even check for this as again weird its no acc no start now windows....what the heck runs those together or did I damage more than one wore possibly or again something else

Had negative off for install fished wires behind hvac in centre as another harness was there I don't think there's anything behind there to damage as I can't see

Pinned c5 wires at bcm they look correct even if not pinned properly can't see this being issue

5hqn I fished wires through pass side grommet and had a few hard times till it finally went through hung wires up top till morning cause it was way too dark to see anymore

That's when I found out I couldn't get windows up or start jeep

Yet prndl and cluster stay light always On

Finished everything today of course rain and again still no power to windows and no acc or start yet

Sorry for long post I'm in serious dire need of info to get WIFES brand new rubi going or back in

What fuses to check possibly
What wires to check before ripping more of her NEW jeep apart as she's already passed

Ty so so so much

Almost sounds like you smoked the main fuse array when you disconnected the battery.
It’s hard to track exactly what you’re saying over three different threads. But I’m still gonna guess you blew up your main fuse array when you ducked around with your battery.

Badbear0416

It’s hard to track exactly what you’re saying over three different threads. But I’m still gonna guess you blew up your main fuse array when you ducked around with your battery.
Ya I'm trying to figure how to delete those other threads so started new ones to update and try to be clearer lol sorry

Badbear0416

Ya I'm trying to figure how to delete those other threads so started new ones to update and try to be clearer lol sorry
I'm going to check the fuse array when stops raining again ty and sorry wife's pissed and also looking into how to delete threads so I can keep it all in one

Last edited:

Badbear0416

I think you need to specify the wire install you are referring to. are you adding wiring for rear defrost on a hardtop to a Jeep sold only with a soft top?

Yes wire kit from dealership for hard top as it was forgotten during order as they thought it was standard on rubicon.
I am adding defrost and wipers

I'm trying to find out what wire might have got damaged in passenger wire harness to check continuity for before ripping everything out BUT another user said fuse array but I didn't touch pos or neg together and had beg cable off while time
I'm going to check the fuse array but it's raining nand no power for windows to out up amd wife's pissed it's her brand new toy

Badbear0416

Yes there is and I just edited above...new part revision old instructions and they do tend to change wire/pin layouts so on 2022 and 2023 esp 2024 have been changes

Top Bottom