Sooooo i frayed my back up camera on my 2021 JLUR

I was attaching a new rear tire carrier and didnt see that the wire was fraying rubbing against metal of the stock carrier. Can anyone send me where to find a new pigtail to attach from tailgate wiring harness to camera?
Thank you!

CalSgt

Hooked
I was attaching a new rear tire carrier and didnt see that the wire was fraying rubbing against metal of the stock carrier. Can anyone send me where to find a new pigtail to attach from tailgate wiring harness to camera?
Thank you!
Sounds like a dealer item

WJCO

Meme King
Thank you!
Post a picture. Can it be repaired?

Lperdue

Not sure if this helps, not much to go on since there isn’t a photo. But here is a photo from Mopar. Depending on where the wire has frayed you can replace it with part number 3 on the first diagram C1089BDF-B5E7-491E-8462-5EEDB3238F1F.png B22BED0D-3292-452C-A111-F73077B6A139.png

At least that wire harness is pretty small for the rear camera. I recently looked into adding the front camera to my rig and harness is a mess, not to mention all of the other required components.

JimLee

Hooked
You can splice coax just not with a butt connector. YouTube taught me how to repair my power wire for my old SiriusXM radio...haha.
Agreed, I have made many coax and triax splices in my time, I just wanted him to know don't approach it with a pair of cutters and a butt splice thinking you are going to get somewhere.

Top Bottom