Something missing from JL fender

thunderstrike

Can you assist with what's missing here? Passenger fender screw thread is exposed several spots. On driver's side, they look normal and looks like there are thread covers on them. Anyone know what these missing pieces are called and part number?

Attachments

• Exposed Thread 2.jpg
    Exposed Thread 2.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 35

kevman65

Hooked
Bought it used?

Those are plastic rivets, someone has replaced the OEM ones with those. Just different style.

Before you let your OCD run wild, Jeep is proud of those and charge an arm and half a kidney for each one.

jeeeep

Hooked
Can you assist with what's missing here? Passenger fender screw thread is exposed several spots. On driver's side, they look normal and looks like there are thread covers on them. Anyone know what these missing pieces are called and part number?
Those look like they were replaced with aftermarket, the rivet gun wasn't adjusted properly.
wonder why they took them off or maybe they were missing from the factory.
I use needle nose pliers (to keep my fingers away) and a utility knife to trim them down.

I also order from Clips and Fasteners for all replacement trim and stuff like this, cheap, same stuff.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
They are plastic rivits. Cut the treaded part off with a pair of dykes to make flush like the other side. Your not gonna harm anything

GP NOIR

Hooked
Use flush cuts. Regular dykes leave a sharp peak that’ll cut the hell out of you when working in that area.

Tahiti Dave

I nipped mine off with a pair of dykes and then hit them with a heat gun to smooth them over... extra step... GP NOIR has a better approach I think.

Top Bottom