solid grab handles

Dr. Satan

What is everyone's opinion on the solid grab handles? Are they in the way when you are driving? What brand does everyone recommend? I am most interested in the type that are made of metal and mount to the A pillar. I have a 2dr and a 4dr and my parents have a hell of a time getting in and out. Thanks for the replies.

Most of the solid grab handles located around the A pillar are going to be a part of one of the aftermarket sport cages. Mine are part of the Rockhard 4x4 sport cage, they absolutely help getting into my jeep.

image-498570713.jpg

In this shot you can sort of see that the handles are really not in your field of view while driving.

image-524846949.jpg

Edit: I totally forgot that there are a few others manufacturers (not sure which ones) that offer a bolt in version that ties into the very top of the A pillar and existing cage above the driver and passenger doors. Those are definitely higher up to grab for and certainly would not be in the way.

Last edited:
Check out grabars. They have front and rear versions. I have not tried them but I saw them a while back and they look pretty cool....

Those are the one of the grab bars I was thinking about! Nice find :rock:

Wow, this look awesome :rock:
Already in the maybe list, so far I'm doing old fashioned velcro ones, not really solid :idontknow:

I have poison spyder grab handles and I like them so I haven't switched yet. These seem like a good replacement though for sure.

Check out Carolina Metal Masters.... They make a sick set of metal grabs, you will be glad you did.They make 2 different styles, pretty Bad Ass, they are on my short list of items to buy.....ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381365984.836802.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381366006.361312.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

I had the ones from Welcome Distributing until I installed the sport cage. They are solid as a rock. Gave them to a friend who enjoys them now. Even got a personal Christmas card from the Vendor last year.

The welcome distributing are the style I'm interested in. Synergy has some that are similar but you have to cut up the A pillar trim to install them. Anyone else have a first hand review of the welcome distributing handles or any other recommendations?

I ran the welcome distributing grab handles before I moved on to the sport cage. The grab handles were solid especially for my fat ass. Ended up giving them to a friend as well.

And the personal Thank you cards were a nice touch!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom