So cal

Baker

hey has anyone been camping at Anza-borrego state park, borrego palms canyon sites?

I am out there often but I dont camp usually. I stay with friends who have a house in ocotillo wells. nice out there this time of year but it gets pretty dusty.

hey has anyone been camping at Anza-borrego state park, borrego palms canyon sites?

The campground is very clean and nice. It is sheltered from the wind for the most part. Other parts of the park can get extremely windy and dusty. Make sure to hike up the Palm Tree Oasis trail. We say 6 qty Big Horn sheep there last Easter weekend.

Awesome we are heading there this sat and sun, I heated there is a nice trail out there for a stock can't remember name of trail but has Diablos drop off at the end. Anyone know of it?

Awesome we are heading there this sat and sun, I heated there is a nice trail out there for a stock can't remember name of trail but has Diablo drop off at the end. Anyone know of it?

Fish Creek through split mountain. you can obtain a decent map of the park at the visitor center. I saw a recent picture that showed the Diablo drop off pretty eroded away due to recent rain. If you make it up the drop off there is a really cool sand hill to climb. I have done it many times and it fun and different each year. On your way there you can check out the wind caves, sand stone canyon and if you make it up the sand hill you can check out the marsh. It is near the carrizo impact area that is an old weapons training center for the military. danger due to possible up exploded shells that they have dropped from the air planes back in the day. Probably WWII era. Also, if you are up on that elevation of the park there is a cool canyon called "canyon sin nombre. My favorite trail is the pinyon mountain trail through the squeeze and the drop off and then to heart attack hill. Not advised for stock jeeps. Blair valley has some really cool Indian pictographs that you can hike to. very short self guided hikes. If you are a rock hound you can find remnants of old petrified wood forests and an ancient coral reef that has oyster shells. Hint..... near the wind caves. lots of evidence of when that area was under water as an ocean. I have been going out there since my college professor a Geologist took the whole class. Enjoy!!!! Also the pumpkin patch and fontes point is pretty cool. and Truckhaven!!! lol

Awesome we are heading there this sat and sun, I heated there is a nice trail out there for a stock can't remember name of trail but has Diablos drop off at the end. Anyone know of it?

the picture I have as my avatar is sand stone canyon up fish creek. Very cool canyon. you can see some pics in my photo album under my profile.

Top Bottom