Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

jesse3638

Hooked
That’s the problem I have. I want too many.
I just wish I could have one to do it all but there is no such thing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'm in the market for a smoker. My wife was planning on getting me one for Christmas, but has no idea what she would be looking for. I know I want a pellet smoker just because I think it'll thr easiest to learn on vs. charcoal or wood smoking. I think I have it narrowed down between the Traeger pro 780 and Recteq 700. Just trying to figure out the best bang for the buck. Im leaning towards Traeger because I can get 20% off which brings the cost to $800 before tax. We'll see what happens...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I'll give my vote to the rec tec 700, it's what I have and is great, definitely a bit more but you'll be shocked to see the difference in weight and build between the 2. Doesn't mean the Treager won't get it done but just the weight of the lid alone helps tremendously with heat retention, let alone the full stainless construction. My temp rarely moves when cooking if only a degree or 2. Been very happy with it.
I'm in the market for a smoker. My wife was planning on getting me one for Christmas, but has no idea what she would be looking for. I know I want a pellet smoker just because I think it'll thr easiest to learn on vs. charcoal or wood smoking. I think I have it narrowed down between the Traeger pro 780 and Recteq 700. Just trying to figure out the best bang for the buck. Im leaning towards Traeger because I can get 20% off which brings the cost to $800 before tax. We'll see what happens...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

I'll give my vote to the rec tec 700, it's what I have and is great, definitely a bit more but you'll be shocked to see the difference in weight and build between the 2. Doesn't mean the Treager won't get it done but just the weight of the lid alone helps tremendously with heat retention, let alone the full stainless construction. My temp rarely moves when cooking if only a degree or 2. Been very happy with it.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I second this! I love my RT 700! Glad I got it over a Treager.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

mijku

Anyone having problems getting g Royal Oak lump coal? Usually the home depot near by has it all year long. I cannot find it anywhere and have to try some other brands.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Anyone having problems getting g Royal Oak lump coal? Usually the home depot near by has it all year long. I cannot find it anywhere and have to try some other brands.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Always in stock at Home Desperate for me. I recently switched to Jealous Devil. Burns great. Extremely dense charcoal seems to burn forever. Pricey but seems to equal out considering burn time.

WJCO

Meme King
Always in stock at Home Desperate for me. I recently switched to Jealous Devil. Burns great. Extremely dense charcoal seems to burn forever. Pricey but seems to equal out considering burn time.

I just looked at a couple of videos on that. The burn time certainly is enticing. Flavor ok? I've used Kingsford as long as I can remember but I go through a lot during a 9-12 hour smoke.

Angry Aussie

I’ve just gone through two bags of Jealous devil for my charcoal grill and I have been really impressed with it. I was skeptical at first, but it’s done really well for me. I haven’t tried it in my stick burning smoker yet but I plan on using it in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I just looked at a couple of videos on that. The burn time certainly is enticing. Flavor ok? I've used Kingsford as long as I can remember but I go through a lot during a 9-12 hour smoke.

I’d say it’s neutral. For flavor I use wood chunks or chips. Knocks the socks off of kingsford on burn time with it being actual hardwood lump charcoal.

Top Bottom