Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Lol. Basic charcoal smoker with firebox. Just want something that will last outside in the weather. I've always had the cheap shit and the wood handles splinter and the plastic handles melt. I don't want to spend a fortune but I also don't want shit that has to be replaced every year. Thanks for the welcome.

Oh are you taking like a spatula and tong set? Get commercial stainless shit. It’s the best.

This one gets pretty solid reviews from what I’ve seen.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/mas...AxVMR85meV7HCj8bA2BoC3pMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

Lol. Basic charcoal smoker with firebox. Just want something that will last outside in the weather. I've always had the cheap shit and the wood handles splinter and the plastic handles melt. I don't want to spend a fortune but I also don't want shit that has to be replaced every year. Thanks for the welcome.

Look at Oklahoma Joes. I’ve had one for a couple of years now and it’s held up really well. Some rust on the fire box but that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Went in ready to splurge on a new smoker. All sold out and won’t get any in for a few months. Almost had me consider this guy to tied me over in the meantime. lol
IMG_6501.jpg .

WJCO

Meme King
Those are pretty cool.

Quick question. Why not just keep the BBQ stuff in the house? I have 1 drawer dedicated to all my BBQ stuff. I have to bring it in to wash it anyway. Maybe I'm doing if wrong...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just saw this. I've never thought about that lol. I've always kept them outside.

Angry Aussie

Y’all should look into Moberg smokers. I plan on ordering one soon. All the best BBQ places in Texas use them.

Angry Aussie

62398600305__5156F81A-EE40-43F5-92F8-BB21859CBBF2.jpg
62404345162__1BE60A1C-BD35-46C9-9F97-4EDB3DC40626.jpg

Did a 17 lbs brisket last night. It turned out great. I didn’t think we took any pictures but my buddy sent me this one.

14.5 hours at 225. I just use a salt and pepper rub. Everyone enjoyed it, gone with in an hour after slicing it. Everyone was in a food coma for the second half of the Texas vs OU game.

benatc1

Hooked
View attachment 354220
View attachment 354221

Did a 17 lbs brisket last night. It turned out great. I didn’t think we took any pictures but my buddy sent me this one.

14.5 hours at 225. I just use a salt and pepper rub. Everyone enjoyed it, gone with in an hour after slicing it. Everyone was in a food coma for the second half of the Texas vs OU game.

Damn, that looks awesome. Still got to do one on the bull. Did you do a wrapped in foil period?

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom