Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

G-mansjk

I'm in the same boat as you, but I've been drooling over the pit boss... half the cost, most of the parts are the sameas a treager. Plus it'd increase my laziness factor 75 percent not having to feed the smoke box. I love my simple little chargriller though
Sweet.
Every couple months I get a wild hair and go full blown committed on buying a Traeger. Then I sleep on it for a week and talk myself off the ledge.

Right!
The Pro series or the Lil Pig are the only way to go[emoji106]
20170909_191310.jpg

That's right I'm a window licker, I can't spell, my grammar sucks!!!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The Traeger was 0% interest for 12 months at RC Wiley. I probably wouldn’t have bought it if I had to shell out the coin all at once. The wireless connectivity to your phone seems pretty cool.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jjlong

Smoked some Baby Backs last Sunday and bragged to my buddy's about them. Now, they're all bringing their pits to my house this weekend for a competition smoke off! Should have kept my mouth shut![emoji23] 20190707_175510.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Braxtonsag

Man I tell you what, after seeing this thread exists about a week ago I have been avoiding it. I have so much to contribute that it’s almost overwhelming. Gonna go back and read from page one first

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Braxtonsag

IMG_2383.jpg
IMG_1371.jpg IMG_1361.jpg IMG_1388.jpg IMG_2921.jpg

Just realized I stopped taking pics a while back lol. Here’s a whole bird chopped, pulled pork, ribs, burnt ends, and glazed jumbo drums. I’ll start taking pics again now that I know this thread exists!

trplxj

I can’t believe they I haven’t seen this thread before. I bought a smoker this spring and have used it at least once a week since I got it. I did my first tri tip on the forth. It disappeared quick, I think the plate was left spinning empty on the table.

I’m gunna have to keep an eye on this thread

RCVRY

Thanks. I definitely have some learning to do. 🥃

I bought a Traeger Pro Series 780.

That’s a pimp smoker. Nice score [emoji106]

My personal choice would be the Camp Chef Smoke Vault 24” for natural gas. I’ve only ever smoked with charcoal or propane and prefer the clean burn of gas fuel, but hate the propane tank “maintenance” and temperature changes tank to tank.

I like amazingribs.com for learning and recipes. Not sure if they’re the best but it’s been enough to get me started.

Discount Tire

It seems we have Don’s full attention with this thread. Anyone needs new rubber you know how to get the best discount! [emoji38]

Edit: that didn’t work. Trying to post the “slap yo mama” gif.

Haha! Discounts for BBQ - if only we could :D

This is his co-worker, Matt BTW - Don and I both post in this thread though.

Torrin

I have a RECTEC with the wifi controller, man, I love it for smoking big brisket. 40lbs hopper will let it smoke for 2 days without refilling it. Sadly, I used it so much when I first got it that the wife is kind of down on smoking things, but I still get to make things ever week or so. When I am not smoking, I am sous vide'ing ribs and fillets, easy to do and makes everything soooo tender and delicious.

G-mansjk

What's your favorite veggies to smoke guys? When I first got my smoker I smoked some tomatoes till they looked charred then peeled the skins off smoked some garlic for 2 hours and made smoked salsa. It was the bomb!!! I also made some smoked zucchini fresh from the garden with a lighter baste of olive oil and crushed garlic but it came out tasting like fish?? Don't ask I don't know Haha!!!!

RCVRY

What's your favorite veggies to smoke guys? When I first got my smoker I smoked some tomatoes till they looked charred then peeled the skins off smoked some garlic for 2 hours and made smoked salsa. It was the bomb!!! I also made some smoked zucchini fresh from the garden with a lighter baste of olive oil and crushed garlic but it came out tasting like fish?? Don't ask I don't know Haha!!!!

I smoked a chuck roast once and put taters, carrots and onion right in the drip pan. Turned out the meat was done about 2 hours before the veggies but it was a fun experiment.

Braxtonsag

that sounds excellent! tbh iv never smoked veggies, mostly because i prefer them fried. Ill have to try this though!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Smoking some pork butt for tomorrow. 9 hours slow and low...should be done about 11 pm tonight. The plan is to have pulled pork eggs Benedict tomorrow for breakfast, then pulled pork nachos and tacos tomorrow night.

IMG_0205.jpg

Top Bottom