Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

Looks good.

I never use any rub when I smoke salmon. I brine it and then just sprinkle on garlic, salt, and pepper. Sometimes I spray it with apple juice. No complaints thus far.

[emoji106][emoji106]

And I’m the opposite. I rarely brine and smoke salmon any more. I fire up the cooker to 350ish degrees till it’s done. Always a hit.

WJCO

Meme King
[emoji106][emoji106]

And I’m the opposite. I rarely brine and smoke salmon any more. I fire up the cooker to 350ish degrees till it’s done. Always a hit.

For a typical dinner, it's grilled. But when we're craving smoked salmon, we buy a huge slab and make a decent part of a Saturday with it and eat it for a few days afterwards.

WJCO

Meme King
Perfection.

KIMG0745 (1).jpg

I typically do my ribs the same every time. 170-190 temp. Total time of 9 hours. Wrap in foil at hour 4. This time, this is the first set that I've done with the newer smoker and temp kept creeping up to about 230. Not a bad thing but just not what I'm used to. I still wrapped them at 4 hours and they were done at 7 hours. They still turned out perfect and tender so no regrets.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Perfection.

View attachment 361287

I typically do my ribs the same every time. 170-190 temp. Total time of 9 hours. Wrap in foil at hour 4. This time, this is the first set that I've done with the newer smoker and temp kept creeping up to about 230. Not a bad thing but just not what I'm used to. I still wrapped them at 4 hours and they were done at 7 hours. They still turned out perfect and tender so no regrets.

I just picked up some ribs and 2 Tri Tips for tomorrow... Refresh my memory on smoking the Ribs and marinating.. it's been a while... My smoker creeps up as well... but it should be fine... what were your Rib marinating steps vs foil.. etc?

WJCO

Meme King
I just picked up some ribs and 2 Tri Tips for tomorrow... Refresh my memory on smoking the Ribs and marinating.. it's been a while... My smoker creeps up as well... but it should be fine... what were your Rib marinating steps vs foil.. etc?

I dry rub ribs. No marinade. Smoker set for 170-190 with hickory chips. Ribs go on maintaining that temp. I use wood chips for 3-4 hours. Wrap ribs in foil at 4 hours. Total smoke time at that temp is 9 hours. Then I baste them in KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce. I have actually tried different sauces including homemade and the KC works for me the best.

Anything under 250F is still 'smoking' range, but plan on less time. This last batch probably averaged 210-220 and after 7 hours, it was perfect.

^All of that is for 'fall of the bone' ribs. Not 'pull off the bone.'

TrailHunter

Hooked
I dry rub ribs. No marinade. Smoker set for 170-190 with hickory chips. Ribs go on maintaining that temp. I use wood chips for 3-4 hours. Wrap ribs in foil at 4 hours. Total smoke time at that temp is 9 hours. Then I baste them in KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce. I have actually tried different sauces including homemade and the KC works for me the best.

Anything under 250F is still 'smoking' range, but plan on less time. This last batch probably averaged 210-220 and after 7 hours, it was perfect.

^All of that is for 'fall of the bone' ribs. Not 'pull off the bone.'

Roger that.... I just watched a couple videos and this is what I'm going to try:

1. Coat with Mustard then Add Rub
2. Smoke at 275 for 2 - 2 1/2 hrs
3. Add Butter, Honey & Brown Sugar and wrap in Foil.
4. Cook for about an 1 - 1 1/2 hrs or until about 206*
5. Glaze with BBQ Sauce and Back on Grill for 20 min

We'll see how it turns out.

TrailHunter

Hooked
This is not how I wanted to start my Easter smoke...... The cover leaked and completely ruined the auger motor... Plan B. Fuck.

IMG_6392.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Fuck, man. That sucks.

What’s Plan B?...run to the store for a ham?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Now y’all know why I have so many bbq’s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ribs are in the Oven.. Tri-Tip is on the Lil’ Weber... I’m drinking a Guinness, contemplating how to convert the Pellet Grill into a Charcoal Smoker.... and online looking at a new Rec Tec Grills. No problems... just Solutions. [emoji51]

Adjustments.jpg

Top Bottom