Smokers, grills, and the B-B-Qs

Angry Aussie

61868318342__7DA74AFC-0ABC-4379-BBDB-A61ABE853F42.jpg

I got a Rec Tec 700 back in June and love it. I was skeptical about pellet smokers, but man I love this thing. It’s nice to not have to babysit a fire in the Texas heat. If anyone was skeptical of pellet smokers I would say give them a try.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Elroy231

View attachment 352689

I got a Rec Tec 700 back in June and love it. I was skeptical about pellet smokers, but man I love this thing. It’s nice to not have to babysit a fire in the Texas heat. If anyone was skeptical of pellet smokers I would say give them a try.

I've been curious. Hard for me to get away from the wood but I've been looking at them just because I don't always have time to keep checking my fire. Sometimes that means I don't get brisket when I would like some.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

I've been curious. Hard for me to get away from the wood but I've been looking at them just because I don't always have time to keep checking my fire. Sometimes that means I don't get brisket when I would like some.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Don’t blame you, I thought I would never stray away from my wood smokers. But I’m glad I did. Makes doing a brisket so much easier and I don’t have to be home for the whole cook, which is a huge plus. Also being able to cook a brisket over night while I get to sleep all night is amazing.

WJCO

Meme King
I love the "art" and "experience" of charcoal grilling. I've got a couple of friends and family members that have pellets and won't go back to charcoal, but I just can't bring myself to do it, lol. I just can't let the grill do the work for me like that. I know it may be silly, but I enjoy checking on it and maintaining the temps, etc. Makes for a fun Saturday/Sunday I guess.

I do, however, use my electric smoker from time to time, which is way more convenient and uses less wood chips, but I still prefer charcoal.

Angry Aussie

I love the "art" and "experience" of charcoal grilling. I've got a couple of friends and family members that have pellets and won't go back to charcoal, but I just can't bring myself to do it, lol. I just can't let the grill do the work for me like that. I know it may be silly, but I enjoy checking on it and maintaining the temps, etc. Makes for a fun Saturday/Sunday I guess.

I do, however, use my electric smoker from time to time, which is way more convenient and uses less wood chips, but I still prefer charcoal.

Your summers aren’t too hot for it. IBut here when it’s midnight and the heat index is still 99 degrees dealing with a fire sucks. Don’t get my wrong I love charcoal. I still grill my steaks, burgers, chicken wings and stuff on my charcoal grill. Mostly use the pellet for smoking meat not grilling it.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

I agree with this. I have my Traeger which I use almost every day. I don’t use the oven much anymore, everything goes in the Traeger. Then I have my UDS for when I have the time to chill, drink some beer and tend to the fire all day (even though it keeps very steady temp I don’t leave it unattended for long), then I have my Masterbilt electric which I pretty much only use for fish now. Always good to have options. I do think I also need to get a basic Weber charcoal grill too though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

I agree with this. I have my Traeger which I use almost every day. I don’t use the oven much anymore, everything goes in the Traeger. Then I have my UDS for when I have the time to chill, drink some beer and tend to the fire all day (even though it keeps very steady temp I don’t leave it unattended for long), then I have my Masterbilt electric which I pretty much only use for fish now. Always good to have options. I do think I also need to get a basic Weber charcoal grill too though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m the same way, we don’t use our oven anymore we use the pellet grill for anything that needs to go in the oven.

Top Bottom