Skills You Wish You Had.

1yellowjk

I few of us at work, who are over 40, started talking about the things we wish we could do and it got my thinking; so I thought I would start a thread.

What is something or things you wish you could do but never picked up.

Mine are...

1. Juggling ( For some reason i find it cool)

2. Welding (a skill that would save me tons of money)

3. Fly a plane ( I had a chance to learn and never did)

jhires

Fly an airplane
Weld
Machining
Gunsmithing

It's funny that I have a desk job, yet most of the skills I want to learn are labor intensive.

Hobolobo

X2 on the welding. I can mig weld okay, but its questionable at times and im not so sure about a lot of them. I wish i understood a 4wd system better. I know how it works, but the terminology confuses me (mainly gearing stuff).
Im one of those people that has to figure out how to do something if im interested in it. I taught myself how to play the drums, guitar, and fiddle. But certain things just take lessons, and i dont have time to take classes.

Ed Lapadura

I've been welding a long tome sitting at a desk sounds good to me. Done everything I've wanted to do. The one skill I'd like would be reading a woman's mind. Would that be a skill or a curse

Sent from my LG-P659 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've been welding a long tome sitting at a desk sounds good to me. Done everything I've wanted to do. The one skill I'd like would be reading a woman's mind. Would that be a skill or a curse

Some things are better left alone. :)

I have had a very successful career in the Navy and the one skill I wish had learned was to make video's like Eddie and Cindy.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
1. wish i went to auto tech school. i would love to know more about cars, jeeps, trucks, etc rather than stats.
2. charting for boating. that way i can do long trips but it will help with me trying to get into the coast guard as well.

Spartan

I wish I had the skills to get paid for doing Jeep stuff. Running trails, taking pictures, making videos, etc.

GCM 2

My list.....

-Ability to have conversations with animals skills
-Jedi Knight skills
-Sleep until my alarm actually goes off and not wake up hourly skills

Aeraun

Auto tech skills and all that falls under it - metal work, fabrication, welding, engine rebuild, paint, etc.
Martial arts and sword fighting skills.
Improving on my music skills.
Pick up chicks at random skills.
I'd definitely like to be a Force sensitive.
Wouldn't mind having Saiyan powers either.
To add to the auto tech skills I'd love just to know how to manipulate materials to make things - armor and sword smithing etc.
Basic to mediate survival skills.
Drifting skills (never really had opportunity to try it)
That's all I can think of atm

Tigrcky

wish i had the skills to go everyday without fear of people lol, wish i had drawing skills, great money making skills, jedi like greg said!!! but idk if id be jedi or sith :thinking: skills to turn any liquid to drinkable beer or hard liquor of my choosing!! but maybe we could email each other and teach those who wish they had better skills that we posses? i would be down with teaching others my mechanics, welding, computer, climbing, swimming, and vast other skills to others!!! why have it if you cant share it? :thumb:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
The skills I wish I had:

- play the piano better
- speak spanish
- weld (like most others wish)

other than that I am pretty content.

pvanweelden

i wish i was a lil bit taller

wish i was a baller

and i wish i knew what the hell the fox says....

now its stuck in my head again :doh:

Millerj87

I hear ya there! I've been welding for a job out of high school almost nine years and since I don't get to build anything I like or for my jeep I feel like I'm sick of it.

Everyone that wishes they could weld or fabricate its a lot like playing with Legos start somewhere see what fits and is functional when everything works right weld it up ( the key is to be comfortable and have your machine set right, the rest is like running a bead of silicone in your shower-somewhat!)

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

-Ability to have conversations with animals skills
-Jedi Knight skills
-Sleep until my alarm actually goes off and not wake up hourly skills

You already a Jedi Master so that is checked. As for sleeping until the alarm, not going to happen, you are a veteran and it is just not going to happen.

R/
Will

Top Bottom